Guards at the G7

I watched the lunchtime news today . I had a little chuckle to myself as I watched Macron getting off his plane . There to welcome him were some guardsmen, resplendent in their bearskins and red tunics . I wonder if it was deliberate as a f@ck you to the French ? The reason I say this as having been a member of the household division many years ago , we had to learn regimental history and the Grenadiers ( then the 1st Foot) took the Bearskins and their  name off Napoleons  defeated elite grenadiers at the battle of Waterloo. For my part I hope it was deliberate and that it wasn’t lost on the “ Cheese eating surrender monkeys “???

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, dytkos said:

I'm part of the associated security team at G7, last night I counted about 85 police vehicles from all over the country.

Cheers, D.

The worlds leaders can sleep easily now then ......

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, socks said:

The worlds leaders can sleep easily now then ......

That's what Boris said to me lol

My bullshitting oppo told me this morning he was having a chat with one of Bidens personal bodyguards yesterday ffs, the closest we get to the summit is about half a mile from the "ring of steel".

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1