Letting out

Just now, Ferretman65 said:

Ha ha ha theres away one meaning Yips or Barking while chasing rabbit or watt ever its running 

Thought that’s what you meant mate (opening up) but wasn’t to sure.

a lot of people say it’s down to starting them to young an them being out matched by what there running or not being physically capable just yet of catching what there running. Some people say terrier blooded dogs are more prone to it as most terriers use voice a lot of super keen dogs get frustrated an use voice but once it’s started apparently it’s hard to stop 

28 minutes ago, poxon said:

Thought that’s what you meant mate (opening up) but wasn’t to sure.

a lot of people say it’s down to starting them to young an them being out matched by what there running or not being physically capable just yet of catching what there running. Some people say terrier blooded dogs are more prone to it as most terriers use voice a lot of super keen dogs get frustrated an use voice but once it’s started apparently it’s hard to stop 

We were talking about this last night about opening up me personally think it's in the dog itself to do it that's just me I seen all types of lurchers do this mate yes I do think its  frustration in a dog I seen old dogs and young one do it me personally don't think there is a answer it's in that individual dog its self I not.saying.iam right that's just ma thinking ?

2 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

We were talking about this last night about opening up me personally think it's in the dog itself to do it that's just me I seen all types of lurchers do this mate yes I do think its  frustration in a dog I seen old dogs and young one do it me personally don't think there is a answer it's in that individual dog its self I not.saying.iam right that's just ma thinking ?

I once owned a dog that yapped, it wasnt something the parents done either, i don't believe i ever over matched him to early or frustration he was possibly one of the keenest dogs i have ever seen, always thought it was pure excitement.

• Like 2

In some types like terrier xs they can yip and its nothing to do with how they started ,bedy whippets and grey xs along with other types of terrier base lurchers will yip no matter how you enter them ,I have never rushed a pup and always do me best not to over run a youngster but it can happen ,I can live with the odd yip but screamers are no no ,watch Phil Lloyd's video with his old bedy lurcher it yips but still a good dog.

I think it could be excitement like been said when a juckel makes a yip now and again ,you either live with it or get shot but personally if the dog doing the job and not screaming I'm fine with it .

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Ferretman65 said:

I don’t know what’s right or wrong mate I think a number of things can set it off being a yapper but it all stems back to frustration in some way an making the catch or wanting the catch but a dog being frustrated can be a number of reasons why I think it’s a case of take your pick it can be down to a number of things ??‍♂️ But I think it’s safe to say we all don’t want a yapper an have are fingers crossed for not getting one

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

In some types like terrier xs they can yip and its nothing to do with how they started ,bedy whippets and grey xs along with other types of terrier base lurchers will yip no matter how you enter them ,I have never rushed a pup and always do me best not to over run a youngster but it can happen ,I can live with the odd yip but screamers are no no ,watch Phil Lloyd's video with his old bedy lurcher it yips but still a good dog.

I think it could be excitement like been said when a juckel makes a yip now and again ,you either live with it or get shot but personally if the dog doing the job and not screaming I'm fine with it .

The one i speak of its dam was beddy type 

• Like 1