2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Why bother with all that % rubbish and names as names mean f all when it comes down to it . You put the hard work in and reap the rewards simple as that .

i dont think that is quite right mate lol 

1 hour ago, RutlandLady said:

I am buying a nice pup from a lad in Huthwaite but he is a bit short on a "pedigree" for the pups dam & sire. Here is what I have : pups are out of Beast (dam) wheat rough coat at Huthwaite & Snowy (sire) smooth coat / black at Skegness - both known as Saluki/greyhound, but as good working dogs, clearly some other old blood in the pups. Beast's dam was Hollie (Holly?). Snowy's dam Mollie (Molly) & sire (Drago). Hollie/Holly is "of the line of Merlin & Eve. I can see some collie features in a couple of the pups (vocal & B&W). The other pups including the one that will be mine are brindle & look like they wil be smooth coated..... but time will tell.  Having found more detail online (sme of it ficticious) & by speaking to Dave PLatts & Geoff Burrell,  I can add predecessors to Merlin & Eve but NOT fill in the BIG gap between them & Hollie/Holly & her daughter Beast. Can anyone help please? My last dog was Luke sire/grandsire Paddy (bred by George Gaskin's cousin in Dublin) dam Dora. Luke RIP end 2018 age 15 & a perfect gentleman who laid his catch at my feet &  knew how to drown a failed kill in the brook without me telling him to .... mind you he used to pinch my bread & butter off the plate & loved a bit of banana cake hot from the oven ........

Looks like you may of had  your draws pulled down my love.. ?

There was some honest well bred pups for sale on here a few days ago.....that's where I'd be going if I was a Daywalker ??

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RutlandLady said:

I am buying a nice pup from a lad in Huthwaite but he is a bit short on a "pedigree" for the pups dam & sire. Here is what I have : pups are out of Beast (dam) wheat rough coat at Huthwaite & Snowy (sire) smooth coat / black at Skegness - both known as Saluki/greyhound, but as good working dogs, clearly some other old blood in the pups. Beast's dam was Hollie (Holly?). Snowy's dam Mollie (Molly) & sire (Drago). Hollie/Holly is "of the line of Merlin & Eve. I can see some collie features in a couple of the pups (vocal & B&W). The other pups including the one that will be mine are brindle & look like they wil be smooth coated..... but time will tell.  Having found more detail online (sme of it ficticious) & by speaking to Dave PLatts & Geoff Burrell,  I can add predecessors to Merlin & Eve but NOT fill in the BIG gap between them & Hollie/Holly & her daughter Beast. Can anyone help please? My last dog was Luke sire/grandsire Paddy (bred by George Gaskin's cousin in Dublin) dam Dora. Luke RIP end 2018 age 15 & a perfect gentleman who laid his catch at my feet &  knew how to drown a failed kill in the brook without me telling him to .... mind you he used to pinch my bread & butter off the plate & loved a bit of banana cake hot from the oven ........

Beast was dam of gaskin tramp

1 hour ago, mC HULL said:

i dont think that is quite right mate lol 

A lot of breeders will tell you this dog that dog in the line just for £££ notes .

Like all pedigree its only honest as man who wrote it . Its nothing new throwing names as plenty do it with all types ,

Most bedlingtons are  Rillington or common bred lol no Bedlington alive is full or even half Rillington or common but they plenty pups being sold to those who know no better and its same with sal bred dogs just for £££ 

I never said pup he getting not what he says but I wouldn't put to much into a name just enjoy his pup and I wish him all the best with it 

• Like 1

Why does it matter ? Are you going to work the dog to a high level and breed from it ? Or are you just going to enjoy your dog nicking banana bread abs drowning it’s kills in the brook. If it’s the latter, you’ve got a saluki greyhound type thing, that’s all you need to know and I hope it works out well for you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2