I bought one of the baby bean (8 x 11mm) moulds and experimented with bean ammo for quite a while. The shot I cast weighed around 4.5 grams so sat somewhere between 9.5 mm steel and 10mm lead - so quite a useful size ammo. I found it no more effective than a standard round ball on quarry. Accuracy wise.... I only shoot out to about 20m and it seemed fine at that range, provided it is centred in the pouch properly. I used 0.8 mm bands 25-20 for all my testing as this is my standard set up. Personally, I prefer 10mm lead/ 11mm steel ammo and have better results with those compared to the bean shot. This may be down to the confidence I have in the other setup as I know alot of people swear by "beans". The mould I purchased was a GEE mould made by Joe.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

I had been after a baby bean mold for ages after hearing the hype and eventually got one off joe aswell. It was a beautiful bit of kit and he was really nice to deal with great customer service.

After trying them out I concluded that I was having the same terminal results as I was  already achieving with 8mm steel but with less accuracy due to a heavier draw and time spent casting so I eventually sold the mold on.

• Like 1