A thought for Johnny boy .......

11 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

We discussed the bench idea mate. I quite liked the idea but there’s always the fear some scrotes will trash or somehow or other sadly. 

When I spoke to Dave at the fishery last week he said they are putting a bench where John done the auction each year with a plaque on in his memory.... 

Only a little gesture I know but shows what people thought of him...

• Like 13

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some of you know my best mate Chicky died last year and in his honour the lads from Yorkshire had a plaque made and set on a spot that he loved ferreting. Maybe something similar could be done for

When I spoke to Dave at the fishery last week he said they are putting a bench where John done the auction each year with a plaque on in his memory....  Only a little gesture I know but shows wha

Nice idea that....or what about a bench put on a nice scenic spot he frequented. We lost someone very close some years back and me and his son carried a bench miles to a spot we both liked.....me

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

When I spoke to Dave at the fishery last week he said they are putting a bench where John done the auction each year with a plaque on in his memory.... 

Only a little gesture I know but shows what people thought of him...

That’s awesome!!!!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

We are hoping to bring kain and lexi down this year to the comp mate. 

Thats brilliant, I had said about bringing them down but was unsure how that would go.... really pleased they are coming down..

Just now, NEWKID said:

Thats brilliant, I had said about bringing them down but was unsure how that would go.... really pleased they are coming down..

I’ve spoken to Rach and we will sort it out mate. Owain and me will come up with a plan. 

• Like 1

Without trying to sound like a Cnut do you think that’s a good idea ... that’s very soon after their fathers death and it’s going to bring back a lot of memories and the comp will be different this year as it is but it’s going to be a really tough weekend with two very emotional and upset teenagers ... people are going to be conscious about having to much fun for fear of upsetting the kids ... I dont know just my thoughts and experiences with teenagers that have lost parents .......

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, socks said:

Without trying to sound like a Cnut do you think that’s a good idea ... that’s very soon after their fathers death and it’s going to bring back a lot of memories and the comp will be different this year as it is but it’s going to be a really tough weekend with two very emotional and upset teenagers ... people are going to be conscious about having to much fun for fear of upsetting the kids ... I dont know just my thoughts and experiences with teenagers that have lost parents .......

The best way is to ask them mate, explain hopes and fears surrounding the idea and let them make the decision.

They may not feel up to it especially if they are not close to anyone there, it’s a lonely place loosing your dad when you are young. 
If they did come, I personally would have a non drinking nominated driver ready to take them home at a moments notice if it all becomes a bit overwhelming.

jmho 

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, socks said:

They want to go mate, they are two teenagers and have asked if they could come along as a bit of a tribute, and to see the lads and kids they’ve become friendly with. I wasn’t sure which way it would go, but if that’s what they want, I will make it happen. And be there for some emotional support along the way! 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

They want to go mate, they are two teenagers and have asked if they could come along as a bit of a tribute, and to see the lads and kids they’ve become friendly with. I wasn’t sure which way it would go, but if that’s what they want, I will make it happen. And be there for some emotional support along the way! 

I completely understand them wanting to be there ... what I’m asking is ... is that the correct decision for them ........

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, socks said:

I completely understand them wanting to be there ... what I’m asking is ... is that the correct decision for them ........

That’s something I can’t answer mate. But I’m not entirely comfortable telling them that they cannot go. 

Kids are way way more resilient and capable then we give them credit for. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

That’s something I can’t answer mate. But I’m not entirely comfortable telling them that they cannot go. 

Kids are way way more resilient and capable then we give them credit for. 

Unfortunately they’re not mate I’ve buried a lot of mates with teenage kids and I’ve seen the aftermath when they attend a social event that their father would have been at. It’s natural for them to be lost and devastated and teenage hormones and anger and sadness compound it and make it worst. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong or whether they should go or not I’m just saying maybe it should be thought on before a decision is made ........

• Like 1
1 minute ago, socks said:

Unfortunately they’re not mate I’ve buried a lot of mates with teenage kids and I’ve seen the aftermath when they attend a social event that their father would have been at. It’s natural for them to be lost and devastated and teenage hormones and anger and sadness compound it and make it worst. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong or whether they should go or not I’m just saying maybe it should be thought on before a decision is made ........

I get what you’re saying mate, I really do. I’ve worked with a lot of kids in some pretty messed up situations, post death, sexual abuse etc etc 

I don’t know the right answer on this one, and I agree it needs thinking through and being sensitive about. 

Might be that they just come down for the one day etc 

But trust me, nothing will be rushed into or done without thought and I very much agree with your fears / concerns.

We will have to play it by ear at the time, but I don’t think I can flat out say ‘no you can’t go I’m not taking you’ to two kids like that. 

• Like 5

What someone maybe should tell them that the fishing comp has been going on for a while and it was a thing their Dad went to,it's not a thing for him as such... I'm sorry if i sound a bit to the point but better to say it how it is, but everyone who goes should crack on as normal as they always have done be they go or not...

5 minutes ago, fireman said:

What someone maybe should tell them that the fishing comp has been going on for a while and it was a thing their Dad went to,it's not a thing for him as such... I'm sorry if i sound a bit to the point but better to say it how it is, but everyone who goes should crack on as normal as they always have done be they go or not...

Um I think they know this mate, having been a bunch of times and all, and having made friends with a bunch of the lads who go and their kids. 

Not trying to be a dick like, but how come everyone over complicates every thing......

• Like 3