A thought for Johnny boy .......

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some of you know my best mate Chicky died last year and in his honour the lads from Yorkshire had a plaque made and set on a spot that he loved ferreting. Maybe something similar could be done for

When I spoke to Dave at the fishery last week he said they are putting a bench where John done the auction each year with a plaque on in his memory....  Only a little gesture I know but shows wha

Nice idea that....or what about a bench put on a nice scenic spot he frequented. We lost someone very close some years back and me and his son carried a bench miles to a spot we both liked.....me

Posted Images

I'm sure Johnny had a favourite spot up no the hills the way we all have. It would be very fitting to have a plaque somewhere up above the Valley where he used to stop and just take in the view.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry

Nice idea that....or what about a bench put on a nice scenic spot he frequented.

We lost someone very close some years back and me and his son carried a bench miles to a spot we both liked.....me and the lad sometimes go and sit there its almost like we're all back together again....bit morbid but comforting in a strange kind of way.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 10
7 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nice idea that....or what about a bench put on a nice scenic spot he frequented.

We lost someone very close some years back and me and his son carried a bench miles to a spot we both liked.....me and the lad sometimes go and sit there its almost like we're all back together again....bit morbid but comforting in a strange kind of way.

We discussed the bench idea mate. I quite liked the idea but there’s always the fear some scrotes will trash or somehow or other sadly. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

My mum has a bench for my old dad and a brother,it's on southsea front and looks out over the water,each time i visit my mum i go down and have a sit and it sure feels a bit different that when i sit other places and think about them both.

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

There's a bench next to my boy and it certainly helps having somewhere to sit

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

We discussed the bench idea mate. I quite liked the idea but there’s always the fear some scrotes will trash or somehow or other sadly. 

Im probably being a bit naive mate but do people really trash benches in remote spots that are clearly in remembrance of somebody,i find that hard to believe.....in the big cities yes maybe but the Welsh Valleys ?

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im probably being a bit naive mate but do people really trash benches in remote spots that are clearly in remembrance of somebody,i find that hard to believe.....in the big cities yes maybe but the Welsh Valleys ?

I don’t know mate. It was the first thing I thought, to get a metal bench made, with an inscription on it and concrete it into the ground half way up the mountain above where he grew up. I ran it by his Mrs and she wasn’t so sure, but it’s early days. We will deffo come up with something fitting. 

• Like 1