Kits at 3 weeks

It’s great to see you are starting to Handel them at a young age. Some of the people down here where I live don’t believe you should Handel them till around 8 weeks which I believe is to long. But l also believe it depends on the mother as well. She must also be a well handled ferret. Well done and good luck with them.  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, brambles said:

I've got one in this litter aswell that's a lot smaller in size, putting it down to litter size and fighting for a teet

Wee bit size difference ?

BA104BA6-F5B2-433D-B849-C20CB50CF81F.jpeg

BE33FC99-FB47-4E81-A610-5F3B46580C7C.jpeg

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, RossM said:

Aye mate same as mine, I'm actually surprised that this small one of mine is still alive, it must be getting a feed once the other quieten down. I keep peeping in and sticking her on when I can

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, brambles said:

Aye mate same as mine, I'm actually surprised that this small one of mine is still alive, it must be getting a feed once the other quieten down. I keep peeping in and sticking her on when I can

Same here, got a wee stumpy tailed yin too

FFF093B3-3276-48A1-A337-6A323E8E50BF.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a hob with a stumpy tail the bloke that sold it to me believed the mother had bitten it of which I find hard to believe but a great ferret on the rabbits. I will pop some photos up later of him. 

• Like 1
On 04/06/2021 at 06:36, Guss33 said:

It’s great to see you are starting to Handel them at a young age. Some of the people down here where I live don’t believe you should Handel them till around 8 weeks which I believe is to long. But l also believe it depends on the mother as well. She must also be a well handled ferret. Well done and good luck with them.  

I used to wait until they were 12 weeks old but after I lost my second finger i started earlier Ha Ha   ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, RossM said:

What was the mating mate, was it albino hob or jill to poley hob or jill, I'm asking as I put my silver hob to my albino jill resulting in a litter of 14 dark kits 

23 hours ago, brambles said:

I've got one in this litter aswell that's a lot smaller in size, putting it down to litter size and fighting for a teet

4 hours ago, brambles said:

What was the mating mate, was it albino hob or jill to poley hob or jill, I'm asking as I put my silver hob to my albino jill resulting in a litter of 14 dark kits 

Polecat to a albino jill

22 hours ago, brambles said:

*him on???‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...