Multivitamins

Anybody use them ? At 52 I’m thinking I may need to take some. Work is through the roof at the moment and I’m working seven days a week up to 16 hours a day. Not all manual but hours sat behind a computer is no fun. In the last month I’ve had shingles (never had them before) and now that they’ve gone I’ve got a cold which I never get so I’m thinking maybe I need a little something extra. I don’t really eat processed food but I’m shit at remembering to eat fruits. So does anybody use them and if so which ones and do they work ??? ......

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

f****n funny these threads.....plutonium,microwaves,heart attacks..........geezer only asked about a multivit tab ?

Now now be fair, socks works 36hr days 465 days a year on nothing but the tears of his inferiors. It’s understandable if he needs a multivitamin once in his life to get him through the next century wh

I know it's often easier said than done and sometimes we must take advantage if working in a famine or feast type industry but cutting down on hours worked will do a man far more good than any amount

Posted Images

I know it's often easier said than done and sometimes we must take advantage if working in a famine or feast type industry but cutting down on hours worked will do a man far more good than any amount of vitamins.

• Like 6

I eat honey every day,  and I eat marmite everyday.  Both god damned superfoods!  I never suffer with colds, flu or any other common ailments.

Your body is genetically programmed to take the vitamins and minerals it needs, through eating, digesting and processing good food, far more efficienly than tablets.

Trepidatiously awaiting for sandymere or born hunter now, to shoot me down in flames, with three pages of nutritional mumbo jumbo they've pasted and copied now!!  ?.

Anyway, just a suggestion socks.  ?

Oh yeah, and plenty of good quality sleep, without it you could eat the best diet in the world, and still feel shitty.  ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, socks said:

Anybody use them ? At 52 I’m thinking I may need to take some. Work is through the roof at the moment and I’m working seven days a week up to 16 hours a day. Not all manual but hours sat behind a computer is no fun. In the last month I’ve had shingles (never had them before) and now that they’ve gone I’ve got a cold which I never get so I’m thinking maybe I need a little something extra. I don’t really eat processed food but I’m shit at remembering to eat fruits. So does anybody use them and if so which ones and do they work ??? ......

its called getting old pal wear and tear on the body as a young man catches up with us all , .shingles isnt good , its put your body out of sorts  , not that i know much about shingles  never had it  ,is is coused through stress,   good luck  !

13 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I eat honey every day,  and I eat marmite everyday.  Both god damned superfoods!  I never suffer with colds, flu or any other common ailments.

Your body is genetically programmed to take the vitamins and minerals it needs, through eating, digesting and processing good food, far more efficienly than tablets.

Trepidatiously awaiting for sandymere or born hunter now, to shoot me down in flames, with three pages of nutritional mumbo jumbo they've pasted and copied now!!  ?.

Anyway, just a suggestion socks.  ?

Oh yeah, and plenty of good quality sleep, without it you could eat the best diet in the world, and still feel shitty.  ?

You copy and THEN paste ya nugget! :laugh: :thumbs:

Nah, my opinion on nutrition, particularly supplements is that half of them are snake oil and the other half don't make a f**k of difference to 90% of the people who take them, not even placebo. And yet it's spawned a mulitbillion dollar industry with fanatical clientele who have a breakdown if they can't spend half their salary on supplements because they'll lose their 'gainz'.

But I wasn't going to comment because I didn't want an argument. :laugh:

Edited to add, I'm also a massive advocate of sleep. I think recent science has shown how critical it is to health.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Cheers for the answers guys. I suppose it’s just a mix of overwork and age lol. I’ve never been a good sleeper so I’m fukced on that front. Strangely I get my best sleep between 7-10am. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

You copy and THEN paste ya nugget! :laugh: :thumbs:

Nah, my opinion on nutrition, particularly supplements is that half of them are snake oil and the other half don't make a f**k of difference to 90% of the people who take them, not even placebo. And yet it's spawned a mulitbillion dollar industry with fanatical clientele who have a breakdown if they can't spend half their salary on supplements because they'll lose their 'gainz'.

But I wasn't going to comment because I didn't want an argument. :laugh:

Edited to add, I'm also a massive advocate of sleep. I think recent science has shown how critical it is to health.

I know f**k all about copying and pasting!  Lol.

Totally with you on the other points though.  ?