Okay. I'm not even bloody Welsh. But, let's allow the usual comedians to get it off their chests. Then, I'd seriously appreciate any genuine insight. Thanks.

Situation: I've been letting a little bunch of grass munchers onto a patch of ground for a couple of evenings now.

Fukking Magnificent! They're reducing what had become a knee (and above!) high wasteland down to something a rabbit would have a job hiding in! :D I'm loving it!

Only, it got me thinking; 'Sheep can starve horses can starve cows'. Each biting lower to the ground.

Mild brain fart and I googled sheep. Seems they'll eat some shit even a donkey won't? Weeds and weird shit?

What if I added a sheep to this mix? Only, apart from making shit tidier out there. Nicer for me to look at and walk on. The reactions of the Birds has been visibly fukking amazing! They're loving it. Picking and probing. Obviously feasting. Plus? Fukk You Ticks! :boogy:

What if I grab some used up ewe from the slaughter house then? Integrate it gently with the bigger shit out there. Have me a fukking lawn mower!

I've skimmed google. It's a done thing. My only questions are:

1. How would a sheep get on, wintering in a concrete based, enclosed shed?
  2. Would the fukking thing do a solo when fielded out in cow fenced land, in company with its bigger, tape shy, friends?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dogs are done for the day ? 

So...... just to reply to some of your points, and please dont think i take it as a dig, but someones as to offer the other side. First - I totally agree to your sentiments with regard to small s

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Okay. I'm not even bloody Welsh. But, let's allow the usual comedians to get it off their chests. Then, I'd seriously appreciate any genuine insight. Thanks.

Situation: I've been letting a little bunch of grass munchers onto a patch of ground for a couple of evenings now.

Fukking Magnificent! They're reducing what had become a knee (and above!) high wasteland down to something a rabbit would have a job hiding in! :D I'm loving it!

Only, it got me thinking; 'Sheep can starve horses can starve cows'. Each biting lower to the ground.

Mild brain fart and I googled sheep. Seems they'll eat some shit even a donkey won't? Weeds and weird shit?

What if I added a sheep to this mix? Only, apart from making shit tidier out there. Nicer for me to look at and walk on. The reactions of the Birds has been visibly fukking amazing! They're loving it. Picking and probing. Obviously feasting. Plus? Fukk You Ticks! :boogy:

What if I grab some used up ewe from the slaughter house then? Integrate it gently with the bigger shit out there. Have me a fukking lawn mower!

2. Would the fukking thing do a solo when fielded out in cow fenced land, in company with its bigger, tape shy, friends?

Why fck about with your own. Worming it, clipping, doing its feet etc when you could just let someone else's sheep graze it all off? 

Would a goat not be better if you wanted one of your own? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, terryd said:

Tethered goat is a like a lawn mower just move them along plus more character than some tit of a sheep too plus get  milking nanny and some some nice fresh milk

Plus company in the evenings....?

• Haha 5
20 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

You could keep a sheep in a shed over winter as long as it had feed, water and space. 

Chances are it will wander unless kept in by electric or stock fence when it decides it wants some better grass / to shelter under a tree / to find a mate / because it’s a fecking sheep.

Sorry I struggle to understand your general rambling. What do you actually want to achieve ? 

Goats are the very spawn of hell!!! Fukking Things!!!

At least the dogs and foxes can polish off an old mutton, once it keels over ?

I frankly don't care about the basic maintenance and feeding of an odd sheep.  I feed just about every fukking thing around here. One sheep wouldn't make any difference.

It's just the looking out this window now, seeing a place where, just days ago, I was losing sight of my dogs. Now? It's like a city park! :D Figure a sheep out there could complete the job.

Maybe just a delusional knee jerk? But, thought I'd ask :)

21 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Your in Leitrim right ?.......you need a flock number unless you are very, very, very out of the way.

Nobody asks for your flock number if you buy foster lambs, they just don’t, but they do if you are buying off a sheep farmer something over, say, 6 months old.

Buy a lamb, feed it by bottle and it will follow you around for life like the best dog you have ever seen ! 

You won’t get f**k all from the slaughter house.....ministry vets on site on killing days.

16 minutes ago, sid g said:

i was going to suggest a goat or 2 or offer for  free grazing 

Goats are a pure and utter pain in the arse mate ! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Goats are the very spawn of hell!!! Fukking Things!!!

At least the dogs and foxes can polish off an old mutton, once it keels over ?

I frankly don't care about the basic maintenance and feeding of an odd sheep.  I feed just about every fukking thing around here. One sheep wouldn't make any difference.

It's just the looking out this window now, seeing a place where, just days ago, I was losing sight of my dogs. Now? It's like a city park! :D Figure a sheep out there could complete the job.

Maybe just a delusional knee jerk? But, thought I'd ask :)

So the grass has been eaten ? But you need a sheep ? Just get someone to give you a couple of cull ewes or something, or couple pet lambs etc. They eat grass and you eat them. 

19 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Why fck about with your own. Worming it, clipping, doing its feet etc when you could just let someone else's sheep graze it all off? 

Would a goat not be better if you wanted one of your own? 

Because I don't mind doing routine maintenance of my own animals.  And I'd rather take responsibility for my own than have to worry about someone else's :)

You've clearly never had a goat! ?

My next door neighbour has a couple of goats on his small holding behind us, they just wander about, doing nothing much, they must be 10-15 years old now?

Strangely enough my dogs have never bothered with them and they take no notice of the dogs either, must just be laid back Cornish stock.

How long do they fukcers live for?

Cheers, D.

The thing would say watch out for is that you won’t get one sheep sheared.....they just won’t bother.

You'd have to get hand shears and keep it trimmed yourself.

Im struggling to get 10 sheared, they can’t be f****d about with small numbers.

• Like 1