Deer deer and more deer

Just now, SheepChaser said:

There are a lot more deer in Wales than folk think. I could take you to see some awesome reds in big numbers, sika, fallow, munty and roe. ? all in decent numbers and some good gold medals. 

I know there are quite a few areas across wales with pretty good populations of deer.  But apart from a few of the obvious parks etc, it wasn't always like that, until fairly recently.

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripping up over 'em. 

Kin el fella, you wanna forget the sheep, and buy a pair of calves, to fill those f***ing wellies!!  ? ?

He called u a short arse aswell 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

I know there are quite a few areas across wales with pretty good populations of deer.  But apart from a few of the obvious parks etc, it wasn't always like that, until fairly recently.

Agreed....... to a point. I think there has been more than folk think for longer than they think, just where they are is a pretty good place to hide. But granted the last 10 years or so has seen a bit of an explosion - particularly of the roe. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Agreed....... to a point. I think there has been more than folk think for longer than they think, just where they are is a pretty good place to hide. But granted the last 10 years or so has seen a bit of an explosion - particularly of the roe. 

will be your all running grews bull x and whippets lol

1 minute ago, baker boy said:

Good few escapees from a certain park are getting to places deer have never been seen, til now ?

Seeing them fairly regularly now, in the daytime, just when driving past certain areas, whereas before, you'd have to actively go searching for them, sometimes SEVERAL miles away, at night :ninja: ........ lol

1 minute ago, baker boy said:

My mate run with a coursing bred dog, he reckoned it was like watching a one legged man trying to run up everest...?

lol id say your mate talks nonsense or dog must a been one legged lol be my choice for deer every time ?

Any more guesses one those two species I put up ? 

Also I firmly blame one member / ex member on here for my obsession ? he took me out one night 12 or so years ago and my little eyes were opened. And from that an obsession grew ? 

3 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Any more guesses one those two species I put up ? 

Also I firmly blame one member / ex member on here for my obsession ? he took me out one night 12 or so years ago and my little eyes were opened. And from that an obsession grew ? 

It's all sort of gone 'full circle' really.  Before rabbits were introduced to britain, we'd have been hunting deer.  ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

None but bull x manage it I'm sure a strong coursing bred do just fine mate ?

Magoo, if you're going to continue to be 'obtuse', you can keep those 'frog wellies' under the stairs til next year!! ?