Deer deer and more deer

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripping up over 'em. 

Kin el fella, you wanna forget the sheep, and buy a pair of calves, to fill those f***ing wellies!!  ? ?

He called u a short arse aswell 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Dunno mate genuinely. Pre ban I took a lad off here out and we killed a good fallow buck with his 23 “ bitch. She did well, she was capable. But it was harder work for her than a dog with the same heart abs a few more inches and pounds. It’s just a fact of life. Same as why boxers etx fight in weight classes. It’s not about being hard or tough. 

The fact is she could do it harder or not but you could have a dog that meets all requirements ie size,build an power an have no hart I don’t think we can compare dogs to boxers it sounds a bit cringe I think it all stems down to if they can do it then good if they can’t unlucky bull bred or not I do get what your saying though a dog with more size powder an hart gets the job done more comfortabley

2 hours ago, mC HULL said:

Mate a deer is pulled as soon as dog gets to it a hare is alot harder to kill believe me ?

Hares lol I hunted hares for near 50 years mate not so much now But watt I.saying and iam not running any of these big coursing dog's down wat i seen is the hare is working these dogs the dogs not working the hare running the hare for 10 minutes fs something wrong with the dogs mouth lol they.are just settings back and waiting on the hare to make a mistake or run out of steam ?

Best I've owned was a bull/grey x wheaten/grey, lightly built for the breeding but a head like a hyaena, generally tougher it got the more he liked it, carried him home a couple of times after a tough night but he'd have run again if I let him.

I've taken stuff with my version of coursing types, the bigger one was alright but didn't have the physicality of the bull cross bite and hold. The smaller ones are excellent on smaller stuff but on bigger stuff, unless your taking youngsters, a dog needs some physical power to hold. If I wanted a deer dog for bigger stuff rather than an allrounder with a bit of stamina i'd put a bit of bull or wheaten into them. Personally for the biggest stuff i'd buy a gun and a quad .

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, poxon said:

The fact is she could do it harder or not but you could have a dog that meets all requirements ie size,build an power an have no hart I don’t think we can compare dogs to boxers it sounds a bit cringe I think it all stems down to if they can do it then good if they can’t unlucky bull bred or not I do get what your saying though a dog with more size powder an hart gets the job done more comfortabley

Ok let’s phrase this differently - if your game is hunting bigger quarry, and you had a choice of a small, light weight dog dog with a massive heart, and a bigger, heavier dog with massive heart (and both having enough speed and stamina), which one would you choose ? For me it’s a total no brainier. That’s all im saying. So I think we agree at the end of the day. 

13 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Hares lol I hunted hares for near 50 years mate not so much now But watt I.saying and iam not running any of these big coursing dog's down wat i seen is the hare is working these dogs the dogs not working the hare running the hare for 10 minutes fs something wrong with the dogs mouth lol they.are just settings back and waiting on the hare to make a mistake or run out of steam ?

If like you say the hares are working the dogs and going where the hare wants the the dogs no good.

18 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

different hare on open land mate the best a mouths will still need to go 5 mins mate?

1 minute ago, mush said:

If like you say the hares are working the dogs and going where the hare wants the the dogs no good.

you hit them strong ones mate dog is getting pulled about abit be a few mins to get settled only a small percentage a dogs can stop them hares mate ?the type ripping out a turns after 3 mins ?

36 minutes ago, poxon said:

Spot on 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

you hit them strong ones mate dog is getting pulled about abit be a few mins to get settled only a small percentage a dogs can stop them hares mate ?the type ripping out a turns after 3 mins 

That what keeps you going the battle, who's going to get worked and who's not.

Just now, mush said:
1 minute ago, mush said:

?That what keeps you going the battle, who's going to get worked and who's not.

?what you run mate coursing bred or pure mate ?

13 minutes ago, SheepChaser said:

Ok let’s phrase this differently - if your game is hunting bigger quarry, and you had a choice of a small, light weight dog dog with a massive heart, and a bigger, heavier dog with massive heart (and both having enough speed and stamina), which one would you choose ? For me it’s a total no brainier. That’s all im saying. So I think we agree at the end of the day. 

That’s not what I replied to asking the better suited I don’t need educating mr bowline ??‍♂️your changing the goal post to suit your own reply mate it’s the obvious one if that’s the job I replied smaller dogs can bring larger game down there’s some little dogs with big hearts if they can do it that’s impressive to me. no one said nothing about no week in week out dog man bull shit ive also said it don’t need to be bull bred as well to bring larger gear down I’ve also said a lot of people that own bull xs the dogs are waisted on them 

3 minutes ago, mush said:

Dogs that seats back is never going to catch hares were I live the dogs I had put them under pressure right away that's when the hare makes a mistake and panics how iam not saying they got them all But the hare new there.was.a dog up its ass But sure these Irish hares our easy killed lol lol from watt here off some Boys 

2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Dogs that seats back is never going to catch hares were I live the dogs I had put them under pressure right away that's when the hare makes a mistake and panics how iam not saying they got them all But the hare new there.was.a dog up its ass But sure these Irish hares our easy killed lol lol from watt here off some Boys 

lol you havent a clue about uk hares mate in winter ?