Deer deer and more deer

Just now, fenman1# said:

I don't know how you think bull xs have nothing in the tank if you have a bull x from game bred pitbulls they should run all night there bred to fight in a box for hours.. Any lurcher type apart from grews or 3/4s should run all night once fit and if they can't blame yourself not the dog 

1/4 bull grey or half bull grey cant run all night mate there blowing one run?

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tripping up over 'em. 

Kin el fella, you wanna forget the sheep, and buy a pair of calves, to fill those f***ing wellies!!  ? ?

He called u a short arse aswell 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

Trust me that dog IS not Bred to.win.show I judged that.show for a.good friend of.mine lol lol i have owned these types of bull lurchers in the late 80s it's all about getting the [BANNED TEXT] one for u 

?small fields short sharp bursts mate very good for a short time lamping mate actually running after things how long they got in tank a minute ?

• Sad 1

I don’t follow this certain cross for jobs stuff  no more. I know now it’s down to individual dog if it’ll do the job to many people running around saying you need a bit of bull blood for certain jobs like it’s a quick fix or the most manly lurcher thing to say. Like there out doing loads most people I see with bull blooded dogs the dog they gots waisted on them because there not really needing such a hard core dog because there not hardcore there selfs it’s all for clout

• Like 1

Come on now iam not a big fan of them myself But u have to give them credit when credit is due mate I had one out of two half dogs Wheaton x greyhound x bull greyhound took all sorts off.game one of.the best hunting lurchers I have owned sadly he got killed on me and that's the last one I have had any one runs these.dogs down dosint under stand them as a Dog I was in the same opinion at one time till I got mine that was.a long time ago 

On 08/06/2021 at 10:26, NEWKID said:

Bigger deer dont just roll over mate, so an element of "gameness" is required if you are at them regulatu imo..

Plus a bit of extra weight/bone and jaw...

If hares are your thing and the occasional roe then you get a coursing dog...don't mean they are gonna be the best at everything though mate...

They definitely don't just roll over?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

1/4 bull grey or half bull grey cant run all night mate there blowing one run?

Your dilusional mate maybe 1/4 but half x run all night if fit.. How can a dog fight in a box for 3 to 4 hours have no stamina or wind 

• Like 2
Just now, poxon said:

I don’t follow this certain cross for jobs stuff  no more. I know now it’s down to individual dog if it’ll do the job to many people running around saying you need a bit of bull blood for certain jobs like it’s a quick fix or the most manly lurcher thing to say. Like there out doing loads most people I see with bull blooded dogs the dog they gots waisted on them because there not really needing such a hard core dog because there not hardcore there selfs it’s all for clout

Nail on head smellys you need one deer you don't fox there good but there but most lurchers can finish them ?

7 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Your dilusional mate maybe 1/4 but half x run all night if fit.. How can a dog fight in a box for 3 to 4 hours have no stamina or wind 

From what I seen mate 1/4 bull got more in it than half bred there to muscle bounfmd and heavy mate no stamina at all worse than pure grey 

Once they start hitting trees and stone ditches when deer jump or go through them the lighter built lurchers don't like it and a few boots off the big fellas don't be long sending coursing bred dogs on there toes. Gazzels ain't much bigger then a cwd and my old 7/8 whippet knocked them for fun 

• Like 2

When a dog is out at the end of a long run on heavy quarry, especially single handed, it can take a bit of a pasting. If its going to be doing on a regular basis, it always make sense to use a type that thrives on coming up to scratch, not just bottomless stamina.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, poxon said:

I dunno mate, bull blood brings a lot to the table. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Wales1234 said:

I love the wet land ? bring it down here I’d love to see these super dogs go 

Not super dogs mate ?? you do OK with what you have ?

There no hare deer Wales as been said lol