Ive been using flatbands .75 and 9.5 steel but ordered some 1745 tube as ive cast some 10mm leads for hunting in near future, do many of you use tubes? Also on a short draw would these tubes handle 10mm lead in a single set up? And what ranges do you all shoot lead up to for hunting, the mould i bought was a ebay fishing sinker type size 1 which for £13 works really well?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No you will have it double them up (looped) should be good out to 25+metre, it a heavy draw mind, if you want just singles better look at Orange or Green dub dub or 5070 tube.

Kept the dogs entertained knocking a few squirrels all took with tube and sqaure 14mm steel and 12mm steel

As Minnow says best looped 1745 for 10mm lead. I shoot 11mm steel with my set up which is roughly the same weight as 10mm lead and kill out to 25 + yards easily.

Posted Images

So got tubes made up yesterday but the clips on scout copy dont grip them very well ? also got a little wasp frame which ive had bands on and tried but not sure if i like how small it is to hold with a decent draw band on it... might slot the frame through to accept bands on the scout copy 

67C8F4C0-106D-4097-AA94-F9B705EECBAE.jpeg

DFABDA6E-CB4E-4DA4-A2F4-6516619E9862.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Rubbish as in looks or your ability to shoot one ?.

Ive killed loads with one just think the new ones are very overated amd not as good as the cooy one in my opinion. I just dont see why folk rave about them

• Like 1

I don’t shoot anything as well as a scout lt, they suit my style of shooting and are very pocketable for when I need to get it out of sight. A lad I know shoots a evo really well…. Me.. I’m crap with one. Each to their own I suppose.

• Like 1