Well bred saluki lurcher pups

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

Lovely pup rio I think Kim the saluki was cruise x his daughter so collie greyhound to cruise the pup bk to cruise of Shildon ?

im not 100% sure of the pups dam  liniage  but there is deffo some collie in there somewere  i dont mind that atall 

• Like 3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, riohog said:

im not 100% sure of the pups dam  liniage  but there is deffo some collie in there somewere  i dont mind that atall 

Puo looks like coursing bred out a ozzie which sire is mate ? think most out a ozzie had coat bulldozers sire aswell ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Puo looks like coursing bred out a ozzie which sire is mate ? think most out a ozzie had coat bulldozers sire aswell ?

yes  sire was out of ozzie , hoover  pup very similar  ,all being well the pup should tackle most stuff  hes a strong well built pup preety fast  but still a pup .he will do for me :thumbs:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, shaaark said:

Thinking about it, if speed wasn't an issue, would'nt scurlogue champ have been a better dog to put to these coursing breds, as he was a better distance dog?

As someone who travelled all over the country to watch him run, Scurlogue is the last one I would use as a sire, he was a thinker, pulled up a couple of times, no doubt he'd have passed some of that onto his pups. 

Bob broke his heart that night at Wembley, and history has shown that he passed his ability and determination onto his coursing pups 

• Like 1
Just now, zigzag dan said:

As someone who travelled all over the country to watch him run, Scurlogue is the last one I would use as a sire, he was a thinker, pulled up a couple of times, no doubt he'd have passed some of that onto his pups. 

Bob broke his heart that night at Wembley, and history has shown that he passed his ability and determination onto his coursing pups 

Ah right, I was just thinking of other possible greyhounds that might've been added to the coursing lines.  ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Ah right, I was just thinking of other possible greyhounds that might've been added to the coursing lines.  ?

I think Bobs owner was mates with the coursing lads and let them use him...   And what a dog to use as Bob has really left his mark in the coursing world.... I know of several well known trainers back then who let some top class greyhounds have a run behind a hare for a bit of sport.... Unknown to their owners ?

• Like 2
On 31/05/2021 at 18:24, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

BA1DA082-5617-4277-93EA-C89F562E5018.jpeg

CFA952F3-36EA-4FB4-B1F6-32D553987163.jpeg

99A87628-C73B-41E7-A930-728A68A4D4FB.jpeg

Pups in great order mate, only for all the hassle getting them across now with brexit I would off bought smooth dog for my nephew, he's dad preferred hunting was coursing so has the boy saluki mad ? but takes couple weeks to sort things ie think it might be 21 days after rabies jab before they can travel, have a vet here in Ireland that back dates that stuff for me but don't know any in England. No doubt you will have no trouble selling they look we'll reared.  Atb

On 01/06/2021 at 21:04, zigzag dan said:

Bob produced absolutely NOTHING when it came to racing greyhounds,so I'd be amazed if he passed ANYTHING beneficial onto his coursing pups,he could run but the dog was NOT a producer & that's a fact.

• Thanks 1
On 31/05/2021 at 18:24, thefensarefarbutistillgo said:

BA1DA082-5617-4277-93EA-C89F562E5018.jpeg

CFA952F3-36EA-4FB4-B1F6-32D553987163.jpeg

99A87628-C73B-41E7-A930-728A68A4D4FB.jpeg

Stunning pups in fantastic order,cheap as chips at that price..hope they find great homes where they will get the chance to prove their worth ?

7 hours ago, FUJI said:

Bob produced absolutely NOTHING when it came to racing greyhounds,so I'd be amazed if he passed ANYTHING beneficial onto his coursing pups,he could run but the dog was NOT a producer & that's a fact.

Lol.... To say he could run is a bit like saying Tesco own a corner shop.... To say he didn't produce when he sired Beanie, who then sired Caulfields Jo, then Jack etc makes Bob probably the most influential greyhound ever in coursing lines and i am sure the top coursing men can all find him in their lines..... But opinions are like arseholes we all have one. ??

2 minutes ago, zigzag dan said:

Lol.... To say he could run is a bit like saying Tesco own a corner shop.... To say he didn't produce when he sired Beanie, who then sired Caulfields Jo, then Jack etc makes Bob probably the most influential greyhound ever in coursing lines and i am sure the top coursing men can all find him in their lines..... But opinions are like arseholes we all have one. ??

im with both of you lol but cauldfieds joe was out a swoop mate direct merlin eve how much quality come from that side alot more  than any other without a doubt and that fancy footwork was from merlin eve side aswell ?not a half cross 

• Like 2