Well bred saluki lurcher pups

Just now, mC HULL said:

Was they cheap 150 a pup ?? ?

Dont keep kelpies crosses  actually the pup i have was gifted from someone ive never meet and delivered from durham the only time ive paid more than 150 was from one of your native c..ts  ???

• Haha 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain to me the useful, working difference, and how/why,  they differ in working ability, between  saluki lurchers,  saluki longogs, and saluki/coursing breds?

Not being funny, just keen to know, as I have little knowledge of saluki crosses/types etc.

1 minute ago, nothernlite said:

Dont keep kelpies crosses  actually the pup i have was gifted from someone ive never meet and delivered from durham the only time ive paid more than 150 was from one of your native c..ts  ???

?ive payed 500 for a pup mate got one from the dam to these pups ?a few year ago if I new what I was getting before hand I'd a paid 10,000 ? and still been over the moon ???

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Can someone explain to me the useful, working difference, and how/why,  they differ in working ability, between  saluki lurchers,  saluki longogs, and saluki/coursing breds?

Not being funny, just keen to know, as I have little knowledge of saluki crosses/types etc.

The ones head and shoulders above are a good coursing bred mate because proper dog men had them for generations and it really does tell the good uns are born natural ?

Purebred been to many pets average dogs bred off now not out and out killers 

5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?ive payed 500 for a pup mate got one from the dam to these pups ?a few year ago if I new what I was getting before hand I'd a paid 10,000 ? and still been over the moon ???

Each to there own 500 is good price the way things are with the dog game i would pay that if i wanted a pup nut i wouldn't charge it 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

The ones head and shoulders above are a good coursing bred mate because proper dog men had them for generations and it really does tell the good uns are born natural ?

Purebred been to many pets average dogs bred off now not out and out killers 

Right, so the purebred salukis that have been bred in this country, for the last say 50 years, are no better than saluki/coursing bred lurchers?

And if that's the case, what's different to a saluki lurcher over a saluki coursing bred, or are they really the same thing?

Sorry about the 'geeky' questions, magoo, but you are the main saluki enthusiast that's on here regularly lol. ?

Edited by shaaark
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Right, so the purebred salukis that have been bred in this country, for the last say 50 years, are no better than saluki/coursing bred lurchers?

And if that's the case, what's different to a saluki lurcher over a saluki coursing bred, or are they really the same thing?

Sorry about the 'geeky' questions, magoo, but you are the main saluki enthusiast that's on here regularly lol. ?

Shaaark it's Mr Magoo lol??

The purebreds that was coursed hard and used at the start of our coursing bred stock 50 year ago could kill and were Relentless 

knightellington Windswift etc 

COurisng men bred run dogs from this blood crossed in to lurchers as It was hard to get for average man that's were our coursing stock comes from salukis lurcher now good men had this for 50 year matching running hard they are best killers there is 

the purebreds haven't been worked by good lads enough in that time slot a show stock there is good dogs but matchmen can't settle for average the pure owner tends to keep the dog regardless 

• Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Shaaark it's Mr Magoo lol??

The purebreds that was coursed hard and used at the start of our coursing bred stock 50 year ago could kill and were Relentless 

knightellington Windswift etc 

COurisng men bred run dogs from this blood crossed in to lurchers as It was hard to get for average man that's were our coursing stock comes from salukis lurcher now good men had this for 50 year matching running hard they are best killers there is 

the purebreds haven't been worked by good lads enough in that time slot a show stock there is good dogs but matchmen can't settle for average the pure owner tends to keep the dog regardless 

Yes, I was forgetting myself there for a few moments, Mr Magoo lol ?.

So what you're saying then, is the original saluki lurchers have evolved into the saluki 'coursing breds' of today, via mostly more saluki and a little bit of greyhound now and again,  being added to produce the coursing dogs of today?

Yes, I was forgetting myself there for a few moments, Mr Magoo lol ?.

So what you're saying then, is the original saluki lurchers have evolved into the saluki 'coursing breds' of today, via mostly more saluki and a little bit of greyhound now and again,  being added to produce the coursing dogs of today?

Yes but at the start lads up down country had same saluki blood that went into the salukix lurchers then these been bred together different lines come off this example 

Bulldozer and romeo are different lines but same family bk in day 

They Really been outcrossed to pure saluki only time grey been in there in these pups was ballyreagan Bob 30 year ago 

?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Yes but at the start lads up down country had same saluki blood that went into the salukix lurchers then these been bred together different lines come off this example 

Bulldozer and romeo are different lines but same family bk in day 

They Really been outcrossed to pure saluki only time grey been in there in these pups was ballyreagan Bob 30 year ago 

?

I remember reading something about ballreagan bob going into the coursing lines, a good number of years ago.  Is he the only greyhound that's been added to these coursing lines then?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

I remember reading something about ballreagan bob going into the coursing lines, a good number of years ago.  Is he the only greyhound that's been added to these coursing lines then?

I think so mate ? I dont think a greyhound can add nothing to a good coursing bred its going backwards speed isn't an issue ?

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

I think so mate ? I dont think a greyhound can add nothing to a good coursing bred its going backwards speed isn't an issue ?

Thinking about it, if speed wasn't an issue, would'nt scurlogue champ have been a better dog to put to these coursing breds, as he was a better distance dog?

Thinking about it, if speed wasn't an issue, would'nt scurlogue champ have been a better dog to put to these coursing breds, as he was a better distance dog?

Think Bob went went and went mate scurlogue champ pulled didnt he thought were the f**k they gone  ? 

What I mean is hares love fast dogs straight lines easy for them to deal with and distance not going to be an issue with a saluki bred mate ? 

Bob got crossed to an import saluki 

That got bred into merlin and eve line via swoop ?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Think Bob went went and went mate scurlogue champ pulled didnt he thought were the f**k they gone  ? 

What I mean is hares love fast dogs straight lines easy for them to deal with and distance not going to be an issue with a saluki bred mate ? 

Bob got crossed to an import saluki 

That got bred into merlin and eve line via swoop ?

Just thinking aloud really mate.  ?

I do think scurlogue champ would've been the better dog to use though.  He obviously had more nutural stamina, as well as the required speed.

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
Just now, shaaark said:

Just thinking aloud really mate.  ?

I love watching old bits on greyhound racing mate ? really was another world bk then packed to the rafters shame its gone down hill ?

• Like 2