Timber sheds

19 hours ago, dytkos said:

Ships container on a few timbers ? loved mine had a 20footer as well but that sold with the business. Am I tempting you yet? Maintenance free ?

Cheers, D.

Price of them has gone through the roof in the last 6 months.Got a couple of pals bought them lately and both paid almost 50%more than what they were quoted lat year.

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s a fukcing Land Rover not a shed ...... 

Everything is going to go up, my pal who has a shipping firm said they are seeing rates of $15000 a 40ft box feom China at the moment and it may go as high as $20,000 !!  They were $3000 for as long

What about a goatskin yurt?

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Price of them has gone through the roof in the last 6 months.Got a couple of pals bought them lately and both paid almost 50%more than what they were quoted lat year.

Yup I tried getting some 20ft ones off a closing down garden center,bloody joke,cement,pipe,wood,metal,all gone mad.granite pavers from Digby are arriving after Xmas due to the Indian covid.bleeding hopeless.

• Like 1

Think I've decided to go buy a big pack of 2x3 and a decent pack of tongue and groove cladding. Then I'll  just start building. I won't put a floor in to begin with....just build up off some tanalised runners sat on blocks. Then I can just buy timber and work on it when I get chance, if it takes all summer then its no issue, will be a pain putting a floor in last but if I use tanalised then it don't matter if it gets wet. 

If it takes all year then so be it

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Think I've decided to go buy a big pack of 2x3 and a decent pack of tongue and groove cladding. Then I'll  just start building. I won't put a floor in to begin with....just build up off some tanalised runners sat on blocks. Then I can just buy timber and work on it when I get chance, if it takes all summer then its no issue, will be a pain putting a floor in last but if I use tanalised then it don't matter if it gets wet. 

If you look at a place called Lancashire timber not far from mine they have pretty decent prices.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

Lumber is through the roof at the moment,  I honestly think you will struggle yourself to produce  a traditional tongue and groove shed as cheap as you can buy one if you add in your Time, sips panels are the way forward imo, cheap strong and you would  have the shell up in a day. Clad them it what you like 

20190408_153516_compress31.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kanny said:

Lumber is through the roof at the moment,  I honestly think you will struggle yourself to produce  a traditional tongue and groove shed as cheap as you can buy one if you add in your Time, sips panels are the way forward imo, cheap strong and you would  have the shell up in a day. Clad them it what you like 

20190408_153516_compress31.jpg

Are you selling these panels by any chance ??

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, lurchers said:

I built this just before the winter came because of COVID the wood was 3mths late,luckily enough I’ve got enough shiplap boards left to extend it another 16ft hopefully the end of this month.

5F074129-E20C-47E0-B680-F8DAD07A078A.jpeg

Smart shed that :thumbs:,shit patio though...:laugh:..

12 minutes ago, fireman said:

Smart shed that :thumbs:,shit patio though...:laugh:..

I raised that up 3ft and had to leave it to settle,now I have to lift them and get more sand under so I can get the concrete between them which will happen this weekend.

• Like 1

I bought 2 sheets of 12mm mdf today for a we panelling job, £64 for 2 sheets, i said to the guy on the desk mate it was 2 sheets only not 4 and he said about how much the price has went up, i said you have doubled your price as it was only £17 per sheet any other time the robbing ba$tards

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

I bought 2 sheets of 12mm mdf today for a we panelling job, £64 for 2 sheets, i said to the guy on the desk mate it was 2 sheets only not 4 and he said about how much the price has went up, i said you have doubled your price as it was only £17 per sheet any other time the robbing ba$tards

Everything has shot up , I'm 3 lengths of timber short for my decking frame im doing,  struggling to find any at the moment. 

20210601_072628_compress98.jpg

Do we think it will drop in 12-24 months? With the houses going up will it even drop? 

Just bought this to keep my busy if it looks like I'm not getting a bar/birdroom /armoury this year

IMG_20210602_114103.jpg

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Rusty2 said:

I went to order fence slats recently and they were up 80p a slat from the last time I ordered.  Plus the waiting time was mad. Told them to ram it.

Ordered fence boards, rails and posts through work 3 weeks ago and still no sign of them. 

As well as the wait I'll be paying 50% more than I would of been this time last year. 

Everything is going to go up, my pal who has a shipping firm said they are seeing rates of $15000 a 40ft box feom China at the moment and it may go as high as $20,000 !! 
They were $3000 for as long as I can remember.

Shows how much we are relying on overseas import......as a continent we just have to stop buying from China full stop, It’s total f***ing madness imho 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1