Patterdale bitch for sale

38 minutes ago, C.green said:

I know a man on here refused 5 thousand for his bushing dog. Failed earth dogs aint a busher 

It just so happens I've got half a dozen here that I'd let go for about that price per dog ??

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, C.green said:

I know a man on here refused 5 thousand for his bushing dog. Failed earth dogs aint a busher 

If someone offered me £5K for my lurchers I’d refuse , there not tools there’s my dogs 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, C.green said:

But they will kill rats and Bush and alot less than 750 may be not to the standard of the ones you say but I'll have to take your word on that , 

27 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

But they will kill rats and Bush and alot less than 750 may be not to the standard of the ones you say but I'll have to take your word on that , 

Aye i see what your saying but just thought it was abit silly to say you can grab a failed earth dog and go bushing for a start youd be surprised how many terrier men cashed in on the boom lol used to get offered them left right and centre but thats gone quiet last few months and liek anything good coursing dog good spaniel there hard to find theres dogs that mooch a hedge and there bushers killing plenty in cover theres a big difference.

Same even with ratting big difference killing a rat or two to going to a proper days ratting having trust in the dog to dig to a mark knowing its not going to fight ect i dont know the bitch in qestion but if its been done right with no vices i dont think its out the way ? Bit different if its something just been kept in a pen and half feral

Yea fair enough a failed earth dog isn’t going to be the best busher or ratter but 99 % the people on here are probably out bushing and ratting on a weekend after working 8-5 mon to fri so arnt after paying 750 for a ratting dog , most don’t want pay 200/250 for a well bred pup and would be more than happy taking there chances on a free be was what I’m getting at , I’m sure there are boys paying stupid money for dogs but that’s not the norm tho , a lad offered my mate 6k for a cob and cart for his kid , my mate refused simply because it was his daughters , is it worth 6k ???? No but the lad who was offering 6k had more money than you could shake a stick at , and 6k to him was like 600 

• Like 3

Your advertising for the price you want 

keeping away messers you see on these Facebook pages (I’m on a coursing one it’s depressing)

I replied to an advert on gumtree for a lurcher last week and  couldn’t beleive the reply when I asked for a side on pic of the bitch + a close up of her feet (pet hate and sure sign if each toes splayed out like opposite hands on clock that if under 18 months they’ve seen more of inside a kennel than out) and what would I be taking on performance wise if I brought her baring in mind she was a 14 month old bitch and I wanted one for rabbits and shot and retrieved hare in small fields. 
reply I got was ridiculous and all ask you question I asked him give me her for half the money if she is what you say she is to a good working home and after a season if I’m satisfied that’s the case all square you up to the asking price.

be honest about your dog respect and be great full for a good home and a working home at that that fits the dogs niche rather than the readies for a dog that has failed at the job you expect or pts if your not confident that it can’t fufill that role.

I would bet with nearly absolute certainty if it’s be brought up in kennel from a pup waiting for the “proper age” to be shown holes and expected to show interest it won’t have a decking clue what bushing is or lamping rats on a night as part of a team 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Ello out there , You can't keep away from Messer's the biggest part of em are on here masquerading as terrier men n that's alot it makes me laugh some of the crap they put on ere with one thing or another It's no different than the other sites Look at the adds selling terriers failed dogs for X amount n then there's that bloody one I know a bloke who turned down thousands for his terriers mmmmmm  Well what did you all have for breakfast when you woke up cornflakes ,  Everything is going down the pan lately 

• Haha 1
On 31/05/2021 at 11:11, Wales1234 said:

If someone offered me £5K for my lurchers I’d refuse , there not tools there’s my dogs 

I was offered 3 grand for my Bedlington greyhound bitch couple months ago ,my response was no amount of money will buy her ,!!!

my dogs are workers but firstly they companions and part of the family. Some no good gets in the dog game today and to keep a dog for couple of yrs and get shot of it for ££££ well he needs shot 

• Like 4