• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi, I’m John neice, I’ve just had this link sent to me by someone that knew my uncle.which may I add( thank you soo much) . words can’t describe how we’re feeling right now, but all your lovely commen

Having grown up with John he was a lifelong family friend, was best man at my Brothers wedding and a work colleague to myself for the last few years. As young kids our little gang spent god knows how

Walshie,  Can you change the comp title on here mate .. From now on its the "JohnnyBoy charity Fishing match"....  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

Shall we do a whip round? 

I've spoken to a few lads about putting this years comp proceeds to the family, its been well received...

Owain will be in touch im sure with whats best...but most of the lads I've spoken to will be happy to help if required...

• Like 5

RIP Johnny boy God Bless you, you will be so missed. Been think of him for hours, not a big man but a very big heart you could not help liking him and his banter. My condolences to the family if they read this.

P1210926.JPG.2354ef988b07ed3e56cd99c1461912ee.JPG

Arry

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4
18 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Very sorry to hear this ,always came across as a decent fella ,one of those you think you'll have a pint with one day ,God bless .

You would've enjoyed his crack mate, I'm raising a pint of his favourite, Thatchers Gold, to him after a day of graft....

Cheers Johnnyboy..

20210530_195647.jpg.bdb2e07fa1e87b45d19f79a3cd2455f1.jpg

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 18

I've been on here for years,not met many people,spoke to a few,keep myself to myself, as I find it quite strange to make friends online,but if any funds are going to be generated I'm of course in on that. Lost a few close mates recently,not good.

• Like 1

Iv spent all day speaking to boys from all over the country explain the situation and not actually , come to terms with it all , I met John when I was 19 he taught me so much in the dog game we travelled the uk together either hunting or picking up dogs , we lost touch for a couple years just one them things we start speaking couple weeks ago he been doing great stopped smoking and really had a new lease of life we went out last Saturday had a good stomp a good crack and some good hunting ! We been playing a few more Iv been looking for a lurcher pup for him , I had a message off Rachael this morning and my heart sank I knew just by the words what I was gone hear on the other end of the phone when I called ! Iv never lost anyone close to me before so hitting emotions Iv never had before 

sleep tight buddy 

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Not been on these boards for  a while, thanks to Dave for letting me know this sad news . 

Johnny was the 1st fella I met at the very 1st fishing comp , introducing me to all the lads and making me feel most welcome! Over the years going to the comps he brought his young family with him and I have to say they are a credit to him. John was a very funny lad and without his good humour and quick wit I don't think the comps would of made half the amounts in the raffles. 

It was a pleasure to have known him as it is all the lads I've met on here. 

God bless you John   R.I.P

• Like 8

Im terrible with names and cant for the life of me remember what we was on about but shared some private messages with the chap and remember thinking he came across as a nice person.

RIP Sir....and deepest condolences to folk on here who knew him well.

• Like 1

very very sad news this...... I met him and chatted once or twice at one or two shows......a real gentleman but a character to go with it and was liked by so many.....he will be deeply missed.....

thoughts and deepest condolences go out to his family......R I P  john,

• Like 2