• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

This pup I have has been out with me from the start, we’ve had some cracking nights on the phezzies , the more you get among the pheasants the better your pup will be. How old is your pup ?.

An auld veteran she still loves a night on the birds

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Apparently they don't run often from headshots and if they do the dog nails em.

we weren't that accurate mate, that's why we switched to other weapons. 

I think it would be better with a silenced pcp rather than a springer due the boing as they're fired possibly. Overcast nights are meant to be decent too as it's easier to see them in the scope ?

• Like 3

Mine take the occasional wood pigeon but for some reason they always seem to point and flush pheasant instead of trying to make contact. I could understand when Rusty was like that as he was startled by a pheasant erupting right in front of him when he was a pup but the others do it too. Odd.

One of my benchmarks for lurchers is its ability to take avian game . If at 6 months old it isn’t stalking belly flat to a crowd of wood pigeons and as it startles  them in the air and Leaps up laying one or two dead with lethal efficiency . 

then it’s a last meal with no 6 shot I’m afraid 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

One of my benchmarks for lurchers is its ability to take avian game . If at 6 months old it isn’t stalking belly flat to a crowd of wood pigeons and as it startles  them in the air and Leaps up laying one or two dead with lethal efficiency . 

then it’s a last meal with no 6 shot I’m afraid 

Well said Brian ?

• Haha 1