3 hours ago, shaaark said:

That's a cracking looking dog mate.  ?

He's  only 11mth at the moment that pic was taken back in December, coursing bred but he has to be a bit versatile for me, showing great promise but we'll see what this season bring, thanks shaaark ?

• Like 2

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

?

This pup I have has been out with me from the start, we’ve had some cracking nights on the phezzies , the more you get among the pheasants the better your pup will be. How old is your pup ?.

An auld veteran she still loves a night on the birds

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, brambles said:

An auld veteran she still loves a night on the birds

IMG-20161218-WA0004.jpg

used to love a night on the birds? was a regular thing around here, back in the day. I think bottom falling out price wise put paid to it, plus anyone out with a gun at night being classed worse than the mad axe man. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, fred90 said:

used to love a night on the birds? was a regular thing around here, back in the day. I think bottom falling out price wise put paid to it, plus anyone out with a gun at night being classed worse than the mad axe man. 

Aye your spot on mate gone are the days of turning a few £s, but it's still great to be out dog at heel gun in hand lol once the eyes settle in it can lead to a bout of pheasant fever sometimes lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

a few lads used the. . 22 rifle. I preferred. . 410 with home made silencer. had good success with a 9.mm garden gun. don't know anyone that bothers nowadays. going to have a go this season with catty. 

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Had a few close calls with the Hushpower.410 so sold up and now only use the catty. 

I had a peddretti hushpower 410 lovely little tool, years ago used a little Belgian with a skeleton stock it bang as many as u could and get out the wood quick them were the days ?

• Like 3

Off topic (again) but I had a Spanish single barrel 4.10 that I had a moderator made for, couldn't hit shit with it, gave it my mate, 7 out of 8 grouse with it, back in the day (sigh),

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, fred90 said:

I think it depends on the individual dog. this one takes pheasant and pigeons. won't look at ducks, wildfowl. put it down to being a pup I regularly took her through Hardwick Hall Park and stopped her chasing wildfowl, that was early training, recall, stockbreaking, etc. 

I remember the sports club at Aycliffe around the fishing lake my lurcher bitch was a Cnut for feather,she leaped into the lake while people were fishing and just mist a coot.All you could here was (there’s that f***ing dog again) and my border bitch ate this poor lads bait off the jetty.

Edited by lurchers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
2 hours ago, fred90 said:

a few lads used the. . 22 rifle. I preferred. . 410 with home made silencer. had good success with a 9.mm garden gun. don't know anyone that bothers nowadays. going to have a go this season with catty. 

Was told by an old chap that they made ther own silencers for garden guns , folding 410 so you could hid it away easily. Said they used to use motorbikes so they could hid easy. Did same but with a 19 in lurcher in a rucksack, mates dog would lay across his bikes tank.

7 hours ago, mush said:

Was told by an old chap that they made ther own silencers for garden guns , folding 410 so you could hid it away easily. Said they used to use motorbikes so they could hid easy. Did same but with a 19 in lurcher in a rucksack, mates dog would lay across his bikes tank.

a good friend of mine used to make them, he was very good with engineering stuff. unfortunately he trusted a bad un converting pistols and got 4 and a half years ?. don't know about the. . 22 ammo. I used to use the brass 9mm cartridges, they knocked birds down easily. Once shot 10 rabbits out of the car window with it on the roadside one night, ?. I think it was made by anshultz. 

Edited by fred90