2 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Drove to the emerald coast in Florida to do a little shark fishing.Bought some red snapper heads at fish market today.After dark we kayaked baits a few hundred yards out.I immediately had a screaming run that broke my line.I spent twenty minutes building a new rig.Kayaked the bait back out.5 minutes after making it back to land I had another screaming run.This time I let the shark run for a few hundred yards before setting the hook.It was a thirty minute battle but landed this six footer.Im pretty sure it's a bull shark.Its now 1230 a.m. my arms are cramping but I'm ready to drop another bait ?

Screenshot_20210529-002120.png.9476e53bc462dbb56f28e343e0ee7a95.png

???????

On 29/05/2021 at 00:31, Rickshaw swami said:

Drove to the emerald coast in Florida to do a little shark fishing.Bought some red snapper heads at fish market today.After dark we kayaked baits a few hundred yards out.I immediately had a screaming run that broke my line.I spent twenty minutes building a new rig.Kayaked the bait back out.5 minutes after making it back to land I had another screaming run.This time I let the shark run for a few hundred yards before setting the hook.It was a thirty minute battle but landed this six footer.Im pretty sure it's a bull shark.Its now 1230 a.m. my arms are cramping but I'm ready to drop another bait ?

Screenshot_20210529-002120.png.9476e53bc462dbb56f28e343e0ee7a95.png

Niiiice ! Any pics of your rod set up ?

On 30/05/2021 at 16:12, Wolfdog91 said:

Niiiice ! Any pics of your rod set up ?

Screenshot_20210531-141908.png.bbd46827b8e0a4e302526ebf16d0f4f5.png

Penn senator 114

It has about 800 yards of 100 lb braided line.Line capacity is important when land based shark fishing.Sometimes I will kayak a bait 400 yards from shore.You still need enough line to fight him.With that said I have never hooked a really big shark.Technically my reel is too small to big shark fish but it has worked for me.

We landed six on this trip over three nights of fishing.None of them was quite as big as the one I already posted.

Screenshot_20210531-141526.png.c04455d22dad5aa765b1e445b44db4a2.png

Screenshot_20210531-141605.png.e51d32fd14fcb112794ad32c95ba8066.png

Screenshot_20210531-141719.png.4d5ee3031333c1142bcc7f648602298d.png

• Like 4

For the money you spend for a deep sea fishing guide you can buy a kayak,rod and reel and go shark fishing as much as you want.

Interesting thing I have learned about sharks is they will gladly ingest old car parts they find but will run away from bait that has been previously frozen.They are strange creatures in my opinion.

• Like 1
On 01/06/2021 at 00:42, Rickshaw swami said:

For the money you spend for a deep sea fishing guide you can buy a kayak,rod and reel and go shark fishing as much as you want.

Interesting thing I have learned about sharks is they will gladly ingest old car parts they find but will run away from bait that has been previously frozen.They are strange creatures in my opinion.

Great fishing ther mate in them pics they look like dusty sandbar and bull shark it’s not easy to tell other than the ridge on the back even the lemon sharks seem darker on the gulf aside from that the bull will give you the fight of a lifetime  well done mate ?

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

Great fishing ther mate in them pics they look like dusty sandbar and bull shark it’s not easy to tell other than the ridge on the back even the lemon sharks seem darker on the gulf aside from that the bull will give you the fight of a lifetime  well done mate ?

Thanks 

I would say you are right about the different sharks.Some had a pointed nose and some had a more rounded nose.I think they were sandbar and bull but as you said hard to tell.I have taken the Florida land based shark fishing course.Its supposed to help you identify each one but I still can't tell ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks 

I would say you are right about the different sharks.Some had a pointed nose and some had a more rounded nose.I think they were sandbar and bull but as you said hard to tell.I have taken the Florida land based shark fishing course.Its supposed to help you identify each one but I still can't tell ?

The dusky and sand bar got a ridge between dorsal and lower top fin  I think the bull has the smallest eye and fight harder than other two the bull is all shoulders and a couple other details on fins when we fished fir bulls they were so difficult to land from shore the fight is rekekentless compared to other sharks  but it’s hard to tell from pics esp night pics ?

Edited by green lurchers