The good old days

recently seen where they plan to build 300,000 houses a year over next 15 years. also 60,000 coming to the east Midlands from Hong Kong out of a total of 5 million...... in a nutshell lads.... this country is fxxked. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last house was built, I reckon, within a few yards of where my first ever lurcher caught her first hare. The house I live in now built on land I played on, hunted, nested, and was chased off of qui

Remember them great end of season days at altcar and the banter on the public bank , doubt we will ever see them again 

There's been over 300 houses built just up from me on fields that were "just a last run" on the way back from lamping 3 years ago. Cheers, D.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, terryd said:

Just sad full stop. I lost the beddy whippet one day so that night I went to a lamping spot a few miles up the road and flashed the lamp on and off the old silent recall job. Sure enough wasnt long before a set of eyes coming straight at me. Was over the moon. That field has now long gone with whooping great road straight through it 

bet that brought a lump to your throat and a big smile all round.....nice one

Make the most of it while you can... very close to me they are building a solar panel “farm” which will be surrounded by a 6ft fence, the site is huge, it’s sad but it’s better than another housing estate,  I should get one season on the land before the work starts. The land holds plenty of roe, hares ect. The pup will be well exercised before it’s gone that’s for sure.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, terryd said:

Just sad full stop. I lost the beddy whippet one day so that night I went to a lamping spot a few miles up the road and flashed the lamp on and off the old silent recall job. Sure enough wasnt long before a set of eyes coming straight at me. Was over the moon. That field has now long gone with whooping great road straight through it 

Well, that hit the spot Terry,.. what a genuine emotive post. it sent shivers down my spine.

I don't know whether to congratulate you ,.or curse ye?

Edited by OldPhil
52 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

Make the most of it while you can... very close to me they are building a solar panel “farm” which will be surrounded by a 6ft fence, the site is huge, it’s sad but it’s better than another housing estate,  I should get one season on the land before the work starts. The land holds plenty of roe, hares ect. The pup will be well exercised before it’s gone that’s for sure.

I’m in same situation. And cctv will be all around it. Good few earths about so should keep the foxes safe. 

I was discussing it with a old chap who walks his spaniel on the land and he said that they should put gate ways for the badgers ect , the farm will act as a safe haven for most things unless the solar farm need to cull due to health and safety... guess we will find out in the end. Yes mate this is having cctv on.

1 hour ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I was discussing it with a old chap who walks his spaniel on the land and he said that they should put gate ways for the badgers ect , the farm will act as a safe haven for most things unless the solar farm need to cull due to health and safety... guess we will find out in the end. Yes mate this is having cctv on.

There is a gap big enough to get under the security fencing on the ones I have been near. The dogs can still get under ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, OldPhil said:

Well, that hit the spot Terry,.. what a genuine emotive post. it sent shivers down my spine.

I don't know whether to congratulate you ,.or curse ye?

3 hours ago, samuria said:

bet that brought a lump to your throat and a big smile all round.....nice one

I took a gamble and it paid off. My logic was I had her as a pup before I had a car and we spent years on foot. So I thought well on foot we would have headed over to such and such for a run. I drove around in the car and was it 3-4 miles across country. Started flashing the lamp around and back at feet as she new that one. Felt I was wasting my time but second field in over in the far corner two eyes flying towards me. Cool as a cucumber flashed me feet once more and waited for the panting. Over the moon was understatement gave the little cow a hug lol

img009_15608670528_o.jpg.6660c227fc0c910350b3c7bb433d5766.jpg

Every time I drive that road I look across to where it was. Happy memory in the end but sad to see it sort of wiped away 

• Like 6
11 hours ago, terryd said:

But you got 2 fields now with road in middle ?

6 hours ago, Gypsydog94 said:

There is a gap big enough to get under the security fencing on the ones I have been near. The dogs can still get under ?

9ne not far from me i was watching a couple if roe and a few hares with thermal 

40 acres of my lamping permission went to Solar panels, must be about 8/10 years back also, fenced and cameras every few metres, walk to it in 15 minutes out the back, still a few days on it but only the terrier can get through/under the fence.

Cheers, D.

38 minutes ago, dytkos said:

40 acres of my lamping permission went to Solar panels, must be about 8/10 years back also, fenced and cameras every few metres, walk to it in 15 minutes out the back, still a few days on it but only the terrier can get through/under the fence.

Cheers, D.

We have had hounds in them ??‍♂️ Nightmare ?