Anyone on here run salX x whippet heavy lurchers?

So, it turns out I've caught the lurcher bug... my bitch had her first season nay too long ago and even if we're some way off, it's kick started me thinking about what to cross her with. 

She's mostly whippet with a wee bit of collie and grey in her grandparents. Has the makings of a good daytime dog and we've not long started training on the lamp where she's thriving.

The obvious go to might be a beddy whip but does anyone run similar dogs x'd with saluki x's? Something about watching a sand slug x run, reet does it for me and I cant help think the two would make a stella dog.

Looks really arent important, I'm just looking at building a solid line and getting some advice. 

Heres the bitch in full stride earlier this arvo.. finally lost them puppy legs!

IMG_20210527_181844_258.jpg.6af4b0e8943bef25cb60bc33c6e552a6.jpg

59 minutes ago, 3dumb said:

So, it turns out I've caught the lurcher bug... my bitch had her first season nay too long ago and even if we're some way off, it's kick started me thinking about what to cross her with. 

She's mostly whippet with a wee bit of collie and grey in her grandparents. Has the makings of a good daytime dog and we've not long started training on the lamp where she's thriving.

The obvious go to might be a beddy whip but does anyone run similar dogs x'd with saluki x's? Something about watching a sand slug x run, reet does it for me and I cant help think the two would make a stella dog.

Looks really arent important, I'm just looking at building a solid line and getting some advice. 

Heres the bitch in full stride earlier this arvo.. finally lost them puppy legs!

IMG_20210527_181844_258.jpg.6af4b0e8943bef25cb60bc33c6e552a6.jpg

Sounds like a plan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would get a few seasons graft in her then you will know her strengths and weaknesses that would give you a better idea what you need to look for in a sire but I would also look at whether you could buy a better prospect in and in a lot of cases you can ?because rehoming pups can be a nightmare unless you know the lads personally 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Like 4