Whats in your fly box?

Well fellas and ladies too, any pics of the fly box and whats your most successful? And do you prefer bought or home tied flies? Me i use both but have a lot of success on my own tied patterns, love a breeze and stripping sedges or slowly fished dries and seeing the trout take off the surface

My go to on the River Wear in Co. Durham for a bit of night time seatrout fly-fishing. Nothing flash but pleasing to catch on your own. 1/2 " to 2" in length,  in plastic, ally and brass tube gets me a few. Shiftwork limiting me getting out as much as I'd like. Bags and draws full of fly tying gear.. roll on retirement. ?

084.jpg

075.jpg

20210527_094428.jpg

• Like 6
57 minutes ago, steg said:

My go to on the River Wear in Co. Durham for a bit of night time seatrout fly-fishing. Nothing flash but pleasing to catch on your own. 1/2 " to 2" in length,  in plastic, ally and brass tube gets me a few. Shiftwork limiting me getting out as much as I'd like. Bags and draws full of fly tying gear.. roll on retirement. ?

084.jpg

075.jpg

20210527_094428.jpg

What a bar of silver, how much did that weigh?

These are some of mine . I tend to use either the f flies in olive , black or pink or sparkle gnats on the rivers with the sparkle gnat and pink fly being pretty good for grayling when they’re in season 

6921EA23-6BA2-4671-A08A-60240B65E2DC.jpeg

BD7042BD-73A1-4AC9-8100-1E5F0E45A50A.jpeg

• Like 2

The other little box I carry . The one with the yellow tag is a good grayling fly aswell , think it might be called treacle parkin but I might have got that mixed up with one of the others 

DF7A86F7-3A87-4373-B41C-005B65EB6793.jpeg

000A7A66-EF22-4C79-A7FC-B953DC8A4A82.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, neil r said:

The other little box I carry . The one with the yellow tag is a good grayling fly aswell , think it might be called treacle parkin but I might have got that mixed up with one of the others 

DF7A86F7-3A87-4373-B41C-005B65EB6793.jpeg

000A7A66-EF22-4C79-A7FC-B953DC8A4A82.jpeg

Nice selection, i use the f flies too theyre great for a rise, never fished for grayling as we dont have them here, although ig love to have a go at them, and charr too

• Like 1

F flies are so simple looking but they just seem to work wherever I’ve used them , even done well with size 18-20 ones on stillwaters . Never had a char even though the odd place I’ve fished has had them , in fact I can’t ever remember seeing one come out of those fisheries either , the nearest I can remember is a char cross called a sparctic . As for grayling the Calder and ribble near me are wick with them . Over Christmas I was hammering them on the Calder on the stickfloat , sometimes getting 40+ in a couple of hours from a couple of oz to a couple of lb’s . 

• Like 1