Starting from scratch

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not surprising some new members don't stay long! Ignore the piss taking Fernylass and just read some of the posts on here, it's like an initiation ceremony with new members. Enjoy your dog,

My advice would be 2 challenge mc hull 2 a match  If u won I'd be delighted ☺

How do you no it was romani folk that duped the dog ,I ask because every rescue lurcher owner i have talked to says the gypsies dumped it ,I'm a traveler and my people would never dump a dog ,they mig

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Fernylass said:

Cheers. He's a good lad. Built to chase. Too stocky to just be sal /grey I think, too slight to be much of owt else. Could be anything in there, maybe a bit of bull. Not sure. 

Take him out in September when season starts enough time to get him used to been off lead and coming back if he fucks off in September leave the c**t, any dog that fucks off from you that watches you feed him and clean he's shit and walk him everyday decides he can get better else where I'm walking the other way. I'd make an exception for a pup if it got a belt of an electric fence or something and a ground dog as 9 times out of 10 they have found a hole and doing there job anyway. 

2 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Take him out in September when season starts enough time to get him used to been off lead and coming back if he fucks off in September leave the c**t, any dog that fucks off from you that watches you feed him and clean he's shit and walk him everyday decides he can get better else where I'm walking the other way. I'd make an exception for a pup if it got a belt of an electric fence or something and a ground dog as 9 times out of 10 they have found a hole and doing there job anyway. 

The dog been found mate already been run hunted so when let off it isn't going to listen to someone that isn't getting stuff up it'll try itself 

And if was any good it wouldn't a been dumped in first place if its been hammered to young or not good enough been sickened 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

He's already f****ed off a couple of times and always come back in 10 mins, doesn't like to leave for too long. 

Just now, mC HULL said:

The dog been found mate already been run hunted so when let off it isn't going to listen to someone that isn't getting stuff up it'll try itself 

And if was any good it wouldn't a been dumped in first place if its been hammered to young or not good enough been sickened 

That's why I'm being cautious... 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

?

He's just VERY saluki... stubborn, sensitive, independent. Fools around like a puppy when you're not looking, pretends he's too high & mighty for all that when you catch him being an arse ? whines like anything. About anything. Fooks off deaf but always keeps an eye on you. Comes back in his own time. 

Just now, Fernylass said:

He's just VERY saluki... stubborn, sensitive, independent. Fools around like a puppy when you're not looking, pretends he's too high & mighty for all that when you catch him being an arse ? whines like anything. About anything. Fooks off deaf but always keeps an eye on you. Comes back in his own time. 

A good one is in hunt mode nothing else can't walk it in daylight unless your out killing and if you are it'll be your best mate 

2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

A good one is in hunt mode nothing else can't walk it in daylight unless your out killing and if you are it'll be your best mate 

Not that far off. Always scanning the horizon... Bloody nightmare to walk - he's after anything. Wouldn't have him any other way. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? ? ? my word if a dog can kill hares rabbits a light work ? 

I've seen rabbits make a lot of coursing dogs look sick. That 50_80 yard straight line home imo  there's nowt quicker. I saw a rabbit come past end of my street on Monday and I'm confident that red dog of yours has just come past me now wi tongue out as long as next week ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Fernylass said:

Cheers. He's a good lad. Built to chase. Too stocky to just be sal /grey I think, too slight to be much of owt else. Could be anything in there, maybe a bit of bull. Not sure. 

Coursing bred tend to be stocky it's the first x seem narrower lighter built 

• Like 1
Just now, Kalibrgun said:

I've seen rabbits make a lot of coursing dogs look sick. That 50_80 yard straight line home imo  there's nowt quicker. I saw a rabbit come past end of my street on Monday and I'm confident that red dog of yours has just come past me now wi tongue out as long as next week ????

Lol there shite then lol 

Fen dogs plodders there's no room in me kennel for that type mate 

Mine killing bunny's 6 month old most they run lol

5 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Coursing bred tend to be stocky it's the first x seem narrower lighter built 

Lol half bred heavy stocky lol 

So is any well bred coursing dog 

No one wants light weak dogs 

6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

You had a phone kalibrgun I'd show it in 2 long ears like its running bunny's dead a winter as a pup lol

You show will get sick a trying to bring dogs to run mine mate lol

Thought we were leveret bashing this Sunday in t shirts ??