Starting from scratch

52 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

All I run is coursing bred saluki types and yeah they catch the odd few rabbits but are far from rabbit dogs saluki are built for a job and the jobs hares and long runs not little 40/50 yard bursts.

Think he might have something else in him besides sal/grey? 

Screenshot_20210526-211722.png

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not surprising some new members don't stay long! Ignore the piss taking Fernylass and just read some of the posts on here, it's like an initiation ceremony with new members. Enjoy your dog,

My advice would be 2 challenge mc hull 2 a match  If u won I'd be delighted ☺

How do you no it was romani folk that duped the dog ,I ask because every rescue lurcher owner i have talked to says the gypsies dumped it ,I'm a traveler and my people would never dump a dog ,they mig

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Not really something I have a lot of experience with.  I've only had a limited amount of experience with saluki bred dogs lol.  I just don't seem to get on with them lol.

I've heard saluki owners are a breed apart themselves ? I'm stubborn and sensitive myself, with a dead tough edge sometimes if it needs it, so maybe I've found my type of dog ?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

No you didn't cause offence ,maybe you could start by finding inclosed space for him to be let off lead and see if you can get him to come back to you and see what commands he knows as any dog man worth is salt would have give him basic traing like recall etc 

As for coursing its banned so you don't want to be doing that, if you going rabbiting get him used to ferrets and if he's been a working dog he probably knows what to do and its you lacking knowledge so go out with your buddy once season starts and give him a days ferreting or lamping . 

Wish you the best 

Cheers, great advice mate. Yeah def think it's me that needs educating! Might go out just me him and his dog first, then the next time try my lad. I'll see. 

1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

All I run is coursing bred saluki types and yeah they catch the odd few rabbits but are far from rabbit dogs saluki are built for a job and the jobs hares and long runs not little 40/50 yard bursts.

? ? ? my word if a dog can kill hares rabbits a light work ? 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? ? ? my word if a dog can kill hares rabbits a light work ? 

?

Though I will say, I've seen several rabbits tie some good dogs, on rabbits and hares, in absoluts knots, and escape.

Edited by shaaark
Just now, fenman1# said:

Not a bad looking dog mate. 

Cheers. He's a good lad. Built to chase. Too stocky to just be sal /grey I think, too slight to be much of owt else. Could be anything in there, maybe a bit of bull. Not sure. 

1 minute ago, Fernylass said:

Cheers. He's a good lad. Built to chase. Too stocky to just be sal /grey I think, too slight to be much of owt else. Could be anything in there, maybe a bit of bull. Not sure. 

Lol its coursing bred mate salx lurcher lol

• Like 1
Just now, Fernylass said:

Ha, could just be owt in him then? I'll settle with that x sal ? bloody hell, I've been asked by non-lurcher folk if he's a doberman before ?

He's heavy saluki 3/4 at least mate 

• Like 3