Old age

I got a Jill here thats ten yr old and still going strong ,I took her vets last year for Jill jab and vet said she looked a yearling lol what I'd like to know is when do they stop having season as she's been on her own last few months but looks like she having phantom pregnancy, getting fat and teets look bluey .anyone else old jills done this ? 

Cage is one i made out of free wood and 9 feet long ,quiet pleased with it as I'm rubbish at making stuff lol 

20210523_163637.jpg

20210515_175659.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I got a Jill here thats ten yr old and still going strong ,I took her vets last year for Jill jab and vet said she looked a yearling lol what I'd like to know is when do they stop having season as she's been on her own last few months but looks like she having phantom pregnancy, getting fat and teets look bluey .anyone else old jills done this ? 

Cage is one i made out of free wood and 9 feet long ,quiet pleased with it as I'm rubbish at making stuff lol 

20210523_163637.jpg

20210515_175659.jpg

Great age for a ferret, only had one in 40 yrs of keeping them make it that far. Pretty confident all my jills came into season however old they got, as I have taken some for a Jill jab when they were clearly too old to go in with vasectomised hob ?

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with the cage if the ferret can’t break out you done a nice job.  Nothing like getting satisfaction on building something from scratch.  I have built quite a few over the years and carry boxes as well. Well done. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Luckee legs said:

Great age for a ferret, only had one in 40 yrs of keeping them make it that far. Pretty confident all my jills came into season however old they got, as I have taken some for a Jill jab when they were clearly too old to go in with vasectomised hob ?

Its got to be a phantom like when they have Jill jab they think they in kit but not. I give her another week and pop her vets .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Guss33 said:

Nothing wrong with the cage if the ferret can’t break out you done a nice job.  Nothing like getting satisfaction on building something from scratch.  I have built quite a few over the years and carry boxes as well. Well done. 

I'm happy with it and plenty of room for them to exercise, was going to buy a 6 ft hutch but decided to give making one a go and for once it turned out ok as I got to be worse diy man going lol