CCI Segmented Subsonic .22 HP

I’m down to 60 subsonic hp’s so time to go shopping. I was given a box of 50 promotional free sample of the cci segmented when they first came out. I don’t recall being over impressed by their accuracy but it must have been ten years ago so I’m not too sure. Anyone had any of these recently as I might pick some up, if so, what’s your opinion? These are the ones I’m considering.    Thanks...??

F14DE57F-02D1-4AB1-AC46-DCBC158DF209.jpeg

Edited by Dervburner

Bought some CCI  22 segmented 710 FPS very quiet and only had one ricochet from one box fired    . zeroed in ok and use them on grey tree rats . Bough cos I didn't want to buy an air rifle and as rabbits are few and far between on my permissions the sako was doing nowt.

cheers.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, villaman said:

We had some older ones a newer ones , the older were awful , but the newer ones work well 

That’s interesting, the ones I had were the very first ones as they were promotional. They were in a different box as well. I might pick a couple of boxes up then, give them another try. I haven’t bought any cci subsonic hp’s for many years either, or even thought about them until I saw stavross was using them, and I thought I might get some of those as well. I used to use them quite a lot but moved off them for some reason that I can’t remember? ??

1 hour ago, hily said:

Bought some CCI  22 segmented 710 FPS very quiet and only had one ricochet from one box fired    . zeroed in ok and use them on grey tree rats . Bough cos I didn't want to buy an air rifle and as rabbits are few and far between on my permissions the sako was doing nowt.

cheers.

Thanks hily, think I’ll pick some up fella??

On 25/05/2021 at 21:24, Netmaker said:

Think the last lot I got was about a tenner a box but they may have gone up as the place I got them from have bumped up their prices ten fold

Certainly more than a tenner at my local RFD these days, almost getting into HMR ammo price territory......almost :) 

Well, I picked some up so it will be interesting to see how they perform. I got some of the standard cci hp subs as well as I haven’t used them for years. Not a bad price £11:99/100. The Segmented were £8:99/50 though, so quite a difference. Some of the airgun slugs are a similar price though.....

70E097B8-6D00-428D-9BDA-E98BE0DFD254.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Well, I picked some up so it will be interesting to see how they perform. I got some of the standard cci hp subs as well as I haven’t used them for years. Not a bad price £11:99/100. The Segmented were £8:99/50 though, so quite a difference. Some of the airgun slugs are a similar price though.....

70E097B8-6D00-428D-9BDA-E98BE0DFD254.jpeg

I got myself 200 of the cci subs because the little cz shoots them very well, they have gone up 2 quid a box, were always 10 quid a 100 for as long as I can remember, some of the prices now are ridiculous especially the centrefire gear