Two rabbits in one snare

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This young lads first rabbit in his snare he sett it himself it's hard to get young lads interested in the game nowadays 

I had this double in the putanges a few weeks back

Little tip about this fourm chap ,  Don't worry about what others think about you ,if they think your lieing then don't let it work you , you mite think there a prick , they could be right,  you

Posted Images

15 hours ago, micky said:

Buzzards  are a real problem for me at times they cause more bother than people realize .            Nice pictures ! keep em coming .?

This young lads first rabbit in his snare he sett it himself it's hard to get young lads interested in the game nowadays 

20210527_183529.jpg

20210527_184405.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fukk me! That second one looks like some kiddies pet!

Funnily enough, I was right on the verge of buying up a load of tame bun's. Jabbing them against everything imaginable. Then introducing them to the land around here.

We have no bun's here. Used to be, aeons ago. I think just about everyone, locally, would be happy to see a few hopping about again.

But, just then I found I had foxes living on my doorstep and I've sort of adopted them now. They do absolutely no harm to anything around here.

But, sticking a load of (Bloody expensive!) tame bun's in the same little stand of trees the foxes live in? There's stupid ideas. Then there's taking the fukking piss! :(

14 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Funnily enough, I was right on the verge of buying up a load of tame bun's. Jabbing them against everything imaginable. Then introducing them to the land around here.

We have no bun's here. Used to be, aeons ago. I think just about everyone, locally, would be happy to see a few hopping about again.

But, just then I found I had foxes living on my doorstep and I've sort of adopted them now. They do absolutely no harm to anything around here.

But, sticking a load of (Bloody expensive!) tame bun's in the same little stand of trees the foxes live in? There's stupid ideas. Then there's taking the fukking piss! :(

Got that in my rabbit snare  the other day by mistake these things happen.  theres at least 10 or 12 brown and white ones there 

IMG-20210529-WA0000.jpg

Obviously, someone has released a pet at some point then? I've heard enough accounts to see they can survive.

Funny. It's got me thinking ~ literally as I sit here; Let pet coloured bun's go? You end up with pet coloured bun's amongst the local wild population. Fair enough.

But: How come feral cats practically always breed to Black??? Ever noticed that?

3 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Letting them go will work ok I took 20 of the land two seasons ago and let them go beside me the we trick work Brilliant plenty of rabbits in around 5 fields beside my house I don't even hunt them its ruff cover but it gives the dogs something to do 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ferretman65 said:

Letting them go will work ok I took 20 of the land two seasons ago and let them go beside me the we trick work Brilliant plenty of rabbits in around 5 fields beside my house I don't even hunt them its ruff cover but it gives the dogs something to do 

And there black ones too

20201114_125438.jpg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Obviously, someone has released a pet at some point then? I've heard enough accounts to see they can survive.

Funny. It's got me thinking ~ literally as I sit here; Let pet coloured bun's go? You end up with pet coloured bun's amongst the local wild population. Fair enough.

But: How come feral cats practically always breed to Black??? Ever noticed that?

No be fair haven't seen to many feral cats over here mate there like hens teeth 

Yep. Remember the first time I saw a jet black bun, in the wild! Berkshire, I think it was? Just driving off some site. Pulling onto an A type road. I was the passenger and so studying the surroundings.

Straight ahead of us. In some birch trees ~ I even remember that much detail! ~ Jet black fukking bun hopping around! I almost shit myself!

Thinking about it though? I also knew a water works, right beside a rail track. Black bun's there too. See them from the train as it passed.

Much more urban area there though. Didn't seem so amazing as that one, right out in the sticks.

5 minutes ago, Ferretman65 said:

No be fair haven't seen to many feral cats over here mate there like hens teeth 

Interesting. Also prompted the thought, in my head, that the black fukkers I see now are 100% rural.

In a town based colony? Always see all sorts.

Funny, that. Ever notice how All 'Native / Village / Feral' types of dogs always end up yellow and pointy faced. Basically " Dingo " types?

Yet, feral cats ~ in my experience, at least ~ tend to revert to black. Wonder why that is?