SLUGS NOT PELLETS

Had a chat with the firearms dept yesterday, they are now starting in September you need a doctors report or the application is just sent back, feck feck feck.  I know several doctors practices here are not prepared to do any reports so that is going to be fun.  My co-terminus shotgun / firearms tickets run out in October but they have said I might JUST get in before the new system starts.  Not feckin happy about this, in fact I may have to rejoin BASC in case I need their 'experts' to sort it for me. 

Rant over............................................................FOR NOW

Phil

29 minutes ago, philpot said:

Had a chat with the firearms dept yesterday, they are now starting in September you need a doctors report or the application is just sent back, feck feck feck.  I know several doctors practices here are not prepared to do any reports so that is going to be fun.  My co-terminus shotgun / firearms tickets run out in October but they have said I might JUST get in before the new system starts.  Not feckin happy about this, in fact I may have to rejoin BASC in case I need their 'experts' to sort it for me. 

Rant over............................................................FOR NOW

Phil

Yerr, it’s just a tick box form for the doctors. My doctor did mine and phoned two days later to say it was ready to collect. Charged £15 but no hassle so it was worth it to me. I sent it off with the rest of the forms and they phoned me about three weeks later. Did it all over the phone and my tickets came through the post last week, my existing tickets run out middle of July, so that‘s good service I reckon. Got another slot and increase on ammo like I requested so I’m happy?

4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Yerr, it’s just a tick box form for the doctors. My doctor did mine and phoned two days later to say it was ready to collect. Charged £15 but no hassle so it was worth it to me. I sent it off with the rest of the forms and they phoned me about three weeks later. Did it all over the phone and my tickets came through the post last week, my existing tickets run out middle of July, so that‘s good service I reckon. Got another slot and increase on ammo like I requested so I’m happy?

Not sure that it is the same at all DB, the police have detailed an template letter for us to send to the doctor and for him to write a letter in return. If your doctor doesn't want to be involved, they give a link to an independent company who will do it for us BUT at what cost.  I will get a package in about a month going through the new process so I will wait and see what the final instructions are.  My daughter and ex wife work for two different doctor surgeries so they are going to look into it for me as well.

Phil

• Like 1
14 hours ago, philpot said:

Not sure that it is the same at all DB, the police have detailed an template letter for us to send to the doctor and for him to write a letter in return. If your doctor doesn't want to be involved, they give a link to an independent company who will do it for us BUT at what cost.  I will get a package in about a month going through the new process so I will wait and see what the final instructions are.  My daughter and ex wife work for two different doctor surgeries so they are going to look into it for me as well.

Phil

It was this form Phil..

1E8F351C-F8B7-4668-BA8B-1AACC7BEAEE7.png

10 hours ago, Dervburner said:

It was this form Phil..

1E8F351C-F8B7-4668-BA8B-1AACC7BEAEE7.png

Nothing like DB although all I have is the suggested template. I should get the full 'package' in about a month so we will see what that is like in the final draft but here is what I have so far :-

https://www.humberside.police.uk/sites/default/files/GP-verification-letter-template v2.docx

Interesting to see what Notts police are using but it begs the question, why the hell don't all the forces put their heads together to come up with a practicle and viable form.

Phil

9 hours ago, philpot said:

Nothing like DB although all I have is the suggested template. I should get the full 'package' in about a month so we will see what that is like in the final draft but here is what I have so far :-

https://www.humberside.police.uk/sites/default/files/GP-verification-letter-template v2.docx

Interesting to see what Notts police are using but it begs the question, why the hell don't all the forces put their heads together to come up with a practicle and viable form.

Phil

Yerr, it looks a bit vague at the moment Phil, what they actually want the doctor to do or send to them? I think the form that Notts do is straight forward and concise. 

On 26/05/2021 at 14:27, big napper said:

Nice one mac good shooting pal, whats the difference between the new ones and the jsb heavies at 10.3 in .177

Are they a different shape on the end or the same, cheers.

There slugs nap not pellets 

There a different shape more like a bullet head no skirt like a pellet has 

John

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 2