On it's way

So I was going to buy my pals hw100 but decided against it as for a couple hundred more I could have it new. I've ordered myself a gamo phox kit as it comes with everything to get started. Looked at the reviews and stuff and seems a very good buy for the price and just to get started with air rifles 

My nephew has one. It's not a bad gun, but there are a couple of things to look out for:

The ring/ bracket that secures the barrel to the air cylinder is sloppy - even with this fully tightened, the barrel can be easily manipulated to 'lock' either left or right of centre- you're better off removing it and having the barrel free-floating.

Make sure the cylinder ports in the loaded magazine line up with the entry and exit holes on the casing. If they don't (as was the case with my nephew's)you'll get deformation of the pellet as the probe pushes them into the breech, which will effect accuracy.

Further down the line you're going to want to upgrade the scope.

Good luck with it ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Yeah your probably right but was easier sell to the wife for the gamo. Depending on how much I get into it and use it in a year or so i may get the hw100 but i didnt tell her that part ? 

Buy her a new pair of shoes..........then tell her??