Need advice

Sad news mate I feel for ya lost two myself this year. Could be anything but because you lost two It could be something like parvo or some other virus, Just a guess, keep your eye on the male and dogs.

• Sad 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, a lot of vets don't know much about ferrets. Maybe they picked up something at the vet clinic, two dying is too much of a coincidence.Sorry about your animals. I had a jill die a couple of da

I was talking to vet yesterday about having hobs snipped and he said he advices clients not to bother as it might make them sick in long run ,he said only safe way is to get them a inplant but this is

Get it to the vet mate , ferrets can get all sorts including flu and distemper and there a killer in ferrets , only thing you can rule out in the sweats in this shite weather , sorry for ur loss mate

5 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I agree, a lot of vets don't know much about ferrets. Maybe they picked up something at the vet clinic, two dying is too much of a coincidence.Sorry about your animals. I had a jill die a couple of days after giving birth, we took the litter into the vets and he said to pts the litter as they couldn't survive. My mrs said fck off, just give us some formula and the smallest feeOding bottles. She raised the whole litter and we had them for 8 to 9 years working.

Just now, Butchers 456 said:

Ow do,Over the yrs n still today I keep ferrets n terriers cause for me that's what it's all about . If they say don't bring yer terriers I tell to go there own n if when I go ferreting n say m it's ok we've got are own I say we'll go on yer own I'll tell you a tale of a n this is all TRUE . A farmer asked me to clear some rabbits from under a barn So of I go terriers in tow 2 ferrets in the box nets n a longnet Then sets everything up put a load ov nets down put the ferret in Just One n turned the corner mi terriers fallowed me Then I heard this bloody big bang n then the DIK of a farmer shouted av shot yer ferret I said yerv not it's come out it's ere The Dik ed shouted not that one The one in the box I went to I'm fxxxxxd I'm Packed everything up n went one.    On another note I m always rearing ferrets for people because I think in life everything deserves a chance I've even done it with the of fox cub it's not all about killing .   Ope I Avent bored you . ATB

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Butchers 456 said:

Ow do,Over the yrs n still today I keep ferrets n terriers cause for me that's what it's all about . If they say don't bring yer terriers I tell to go there own n if when I go ferreting n say m it's ok we've got are own I say we'll go on yer own I'll tell you a tale of a n this is all TRUE . A farmer asked me to clear some rabbits from under a barn So of I go terriers in tow 2 ferrets in the box nets n a longnet Then sets everything up put a load ov nets down put the ferret in Just One n turned the corner mi terriers fallowed me Then I heard this bloody big bang n then the DIK of a farmer shouted av shot yer ferret I said yerv not it's come out it's ere The Dik ed shouted not that one The one in the box I went to I'm fxxxxxd I'm Packed everything up n went one.    On another note I m always rearing ferrets for people because I think in life everything deserves a chance I've even done it with the of fox cub it's not all about killing .   Ope I Avent bored you . ATB

Good mate, better just ferreting yourself with no one else around, you can't trust people. The mrs also raised a fox cub I rescued that fell down a mine shaft years ago, most hunters are animal people more than the bunny hugging lot, lol.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Guss33 said:

Aussie whip it’s a great credit to your wife to feed the kits and to bring them up.  Well done. 

Thank's Guss, she used to get up three times or more through the night to feed and clean them, they stunk the house out but we got some good workers. Even when they were grown they'd lick her face like she was their mother, lol.

• Like 1

Ow do, years ago youd grab yer terriers or lurchers which ever you ad,you'd go were ever yer wanted n say yer was in a wood or a rough patch let the terriers go n that was it you'd be there all day terriers or lurchers hunting away not care in the world n didn't matter what they were after nobody bothered it was all about the hunt watching n listening to it all n if there were nuisance fox or rabbits you'd pop back another day n sort it, now if yer terrier catches a rabbit there's all hell to pay if it's seen But it's ok to kill each other over packs ov powder n pills No [BANNED TEXT] Im glad Im n odd ball .  A,T,B 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Butchers 456 said:

Ow do, years ago youd grab yer terriers or lurchers which ever you ad,you'd go were ever yer wanted n say yer was in a wood or a rough patch let the terriers go n that was it you'd be there all day terriers or lurchers hunting away not care in the world n didn't matter what they were after nobody bothered it was all about the hunt watching n listening to it all n if there were nuisance fox or rabbits you'd pop back another day n sort it, now if yer terrier catches a rabbit there's all hell to pay if it's seen But it's ok to kill each other over packs ov powder n pills No [BANNED TEXT] Im glad Im n odd ball .  A,T,B 

Don't think you are an odd ball just an old time hunter with a passion for a great pastime.

• Like 1

I don't think its down to Jill jabs and jills do loose hair in area it was given and don't see how Jill jab could harm them  

They might have picked up a virus ,they can catch stuff like distemper from dogs and get colds from humans  

If you keep ferrets and they start to look unwell its best to get them to vets as soon as possible as they go down hill rapid, 

On 23/05/2021 at 14:52, Butchers 456 said:

I remember walking along the Rd after day ferreting ,coursing with catch over me shoulder and juckel by me side and no one blink a eye lid or maybe get asked for a rabbit or two by passes by but not so today ,you get called all sorts and boys in blue turn up for a few rabbits ,the world as changed for the worse and like you say folk getting killed over rubbish they stick up there arm or nose and dealers selling death openly on our streets and getting away with it but lads in blue soon turn up to a lad working his dog and harming no one . 

• Like 2
On 23/05/2021 at 14:52, Butchers 456 said:

On 25/05/2021 at 10:54, Moocher71 said:

I remember walking along the Rd after day ferreting ,coursing with catch over me shoulder and juckel by me side and no one blink a eye lid or maybe get asked for a rabbit or two by passes by but not so today ,you get called all sorts and boys in blue turn up for a few rabbits ,the world as changed for the worse and like you say folk getting killed over rubbish they stick up there arm or nose and dealers selling death openly on our streets and getting away with it but lads in blue soon turn up to a lad working his dog and harming no one . 

Brought back memories there boys. Can remember walking down the Main Street in my small Town at dusk with the shot gun under my arm walk in the Oxford inn put the gun behind the bar and play cards all night. Then walk home half cut nobody gave a shit, sell a rabbit for a pint in the bar lol, good days. Have a bloody swat team on you now if you had a gun out of a bag.

Mind have been stopped few times and moaned at for not have the gun in three pieces. Or made to empty a bag of Rabbits out on the ground and arguing with a copper that don't know the difference between a rabbit and a Hare.

Different days but good ones.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 3

I remember when I was around 12 years old I would have my air rifle tied on to the Handel bars of my bike and was able to buy slugs for it and go down to the creak and shoot birds. If my kids done it to day they wouldn’t make it to the end of the street with out someone complaining and the police turning up.  It’s amazing how times have changed. But my daughter still rides the bike that I rode and loves it and I am on 50 years old. Even when I was a kid going ferreting with my dad we would just pull up ons go through the fence and ferret and catch a few bunnies but today if you done that you would probably end up dodging bullets. 

• Like 1
On 22/05/2021 at 20:08, bunnyboiler said:

I’ve had jills for years never had them jabbed or mated them and never lost one I just make sure they’re hutch is kept clean atbBB

same here mate had them 40 odd year never lost a jill keep them clean and keep checking them and they are fine I only have a snipped hob now as he was gifted to me

• Like 1

Ow do, Years ago if I didn't av meat for the ferrets yerd put out some bread stick yer ed out the winder with yer 177pellet gun n get some birds for  em If yer did that today yerd ab the armed response there God it's all gone mental .

• Like 1