• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate my older dogs know if they start attacking pups there gonna get a size ten in the throat.. I can leave my doge running round garden excited and there's match bred pitbulls, bull xs terriers an

Give the staff a f***ing clip...or a lump of lead...

There’s should only be one top dog and that’s you pal, like Katchum said walk em together she’ll soon accept him, when they’re together push the bitch away and let the pup come closer to you she’ll so

Posted Images

2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

You’ve never just said....

if only you were closer ?? have you ?? ?

Nope ? a young lad who wants to come with me and the boy is wanting a pup to get into Lamping but his dads a bit of a waste of space and mother don't drive so would be me doing all the driving about to pick him one up. As keen as he seems I'm not driving hours on end for him

3 hours ago, Kalibrgun said:

Nope ? a young lad who wants to come with me and the boy is wanting a pup to get into Lamping but his dads a bit of a waste of space and mother don't drive so would be me doing all the driving about to pick him one up. As keen as he seems I'm not driving hours on end for him

So if it were closer ?

• Haha 1

Sounds to me like you've bought the thing on a whim and now reality has hit home. 

Unless the Staff is a kill anything type of dog it will eventually break to the pup. 

Just use a bit of common sense until that happens, don't leave them alone together,  etc. 

Wanting rid of the dog at first base ffs, grow a pair will ya. 

• Haha 1

A good muzzle is a good place to start mate it could be a life saver an stop the pup getting damaged it could also change the dynamics of things from the staffs point of view as the staff interest could change from wanting to do the pup to being whats this fecker round my chops the dog can still drink with a muzzle on could also stop the pup from begging off the staff the options are clear a £20 muzzle that could end in happy days or not bother risk it an potential damage pup or just pussy hole out of keeping the pup 

• Like 2

Reading through this thread, i just think that SHH has made his mind up and it would be better for him to part with the pup.

No point telling him your own senario's with pups because he has countered everyone of them.

It's simply not worth him having his nerves shredded worrying about what could happen.

We'd all be better off finding a decent working home for the pup, rather than trying to pursuade him to keep it. ?

1 hour ago, Bosun11 said:

Reading through this thread, i just think that SHH has made his mind up and it would be better for him to part with the pup.

No point telling him your own senario's with pups because he has countered everyone of them.

It's simply not worth him having his nerves shredded worrying about what could happen.

We'd all be better off finding a decent working home for the pup, rather than trying to pursuade him to keep it. ?

That's exactly what I get from this thread. And a bit of forward planning wouldn't go amiss.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, riohog said:

shes gealous becouse the pup is getting all the attension 

Dogs aren’t capable of feeling jealousy, it appears that way to the uneducated but it’s the dog claiming something like a human or toy or whatever 

Sounds like the staff is his Mrs dog and has been allowed to do what’s likes, when it likes. Dog is set in its way, you will either need to keep theM welL apart as you won’t be able to ever trust her left with the pup, or kennel / crate pup abs just leave the staff to be a wanker in the house. A good lesson that if you’re gonna get a bull type or whatever cos you fancy one as a house pet, put some time into giving it manners from Day one. 

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

Dogs aren’t capable of feeling jealousy, it appears that way to the uneducated but it’s the dog claiming something like a human or toy or whatever 

How do you know this? Just curious? Or do you mean someone else has told You / said, dogs cannot feel Jealousy ? 

1 hour ago, SheepChaser said:

How do you know this? Just curious? Or do you mean someone else has told You / said, dogs cannot feel Jealousy ? 

I’ve been around working dogs since 1970 and I have always wanted to learn all about them, especially how a dog’s mind works, the science behind it all has always fascinated me and I have taken what I have read from books and put it into practice over the years to prove a point, one of the best books to buy is The Dog’s Mind by Bruce Fogle, he is a professor in dog psychology, it is well worth a read, I’ve made a lot of mistakes with dogs over the years but I’ve learnt not to repeat the same mistakes twice, I’ve also had a lot of successful hunting trips with good dogs and equally good company, I don’t claim to know it all but what I know I can back up with scientific fact, and I am still learning every day I can, atb

Forgot to say growing up around working dogs and working dog men, listening to old wives tales, listening to serious conversations and so on soon helps you to pick up hints and tips, time and experience has helped me sort the good advise from the bad and it’s made for an interesting journey along the way

Edited by Countryman62
  • Like 2

600 quid for a pup lurcher is disgraceful,is the sire/dam even working shh? 

I would go get a muzzle for the staff,as a few have suggested,,an bring the two together in house an see what happens,the pup or children won't get hurt if the dogs muzzled.

If it true it on a good whack on the nose an see what happens. 

Failing that,just get pen an kennel out back problem solved. 

Good luck whatever you do

• Like 1