5 minutes ago, tb25 said:

This small bitch hated the bigger one when I first got her...

I understand your worrys but you will sort it..stick with it..

Big bitch grew to be a grumpy old thing but never any fighting..

Atb what ever you deside..

20210422_092304.jpg

It's just the kids part that really worries me, what if she snaps when the kids hand is on the pup? She's never touched the kids but if she touches  any of them she'll be gone, my misses knows this and accepts it but is it fair when I'm putting her in the situation? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No mate my older dogs know if they start attacking pups there gonna get a size ten in the throat.. I can leave my doge running round garden excited and there's match bred pitbulls, bull xs terriers an

Give the staff a f***ing clip...or a lump of lead...

There’s should only be one top dog and that’s you pal, like Katchum said walk em together she’ll soon accept him, when they’re together push the bitch away and let the pup come closer to you she’ll so

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Not trying to be awkward but I don't think she'd class that as a punishment, she's happy to be out all the time. 

She's 50/50 on how she's going to react but over the last year or so has been more 70/30 in favour of behaving and that's why we thought it might work. 

It will come right just a grumpy cnut. Give it a few days. Just have to crate one whilst your at work 

Just now, South hams hunter said:

The pups never been on a lead, it's not going to go for a run round the block. 

The staff was f****d before I bought the pup home and is now still from her morning run. 

Get the Staff for a long walk first and ture that pent up aggression out of it and then walk them near each other on the lead, obviously get someone else to walk the pup. 

1 minute ago, Allan P said:

The older dog will want its space, it doesn’t want a pup invading it. She’s more than likely just setting boundaries for the pup. I think it’s very rare that an older dog will actually attack a pup but you or the wife will need to be on top of things. It might take some time but pretty sure it will work out. 

I would hope she doesn't, my worry is that if we're dealing with the kids or working and she did the poor pup wouldn't last very long at all. 

i had it with the red sal i had he was an aggress bat,,d rightly or wrongly  id clout him grab him by the scruff of the neck and chuck him outside  , ,he did have the odd hissy fit  but it steadied him i wasnt having it , but saying that i never did trust him if my grandson was with us and he wasnt good with other dogs  some get awkward as they get older   like me :D

1 minute ago, riohog said:

i had it with the red sal i had he was an aggress bat,,d rightly or wrongly  id clout him grab him by the scruff of the neck and chuck him outside  , ,he did have the odd hissy fit  but it steadied him i wasnt having it , but saying that i never did trust him if my grandson was with us and he wasnt good with other dogs  some get awkward as they get older   like me :D

Thats what I've been doing but it's the way she's withdrawing that's worrying me most. Is it just going to happen when I'm not looking? 

Thats what I've been doing but it's the way she's withdrawing that's worrying me most. Is it just going to happen when I'm not looking? 

probebly  so one or the other has to go in a cage when your not about     hey your the boss not the fkn dog

• Like 1
1 minute ago, South hams hunter said:

I would hope she doesn't, my worry is that if we're dealing with the kids or working and she did the poor pup wouldn't last very long at all. 

I totally get where you are coming from. I’ve not long introduced a pup to the household all be it an older dog to a bitch pup and my daughters not a kid. I think you are doing right by checking her behaviour. I reckon she’s just letting the pup know who’s boss. Tbh I was worried about my 2 but they are fine now. My older dogs still bares his teeth at her and properly lets her know when he’s had enough but never crosses the line. I was on edge for a week or so but actually missed the sign one day when the old dog flew at the pup and I thought the pup was a gonna. But the dog just let her know lots of noise but no contact. Since I’ve relaxed they have as well. Stick with it and hopefully it will all come good. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Allan P said:

I totally get where you are coming from. I’ve not long introduced a pup to the household all be it an older dog to a bitch pup and my daughters not a kid. I think you are doing right by checking her behaviour. I reckon she’s just letting the pup know who’s boss. Tbh I was worried about my 2 but they are fine now. My older dogs still bares his teeth at her and properly lets her know when he’s had enough but never crosses the line. I was on edge for a week or so but actually missed the sign one day when the old dog flew at the pup and I thought the pup was a gonna. But the dog just let her know lots of noise but no contact. Since I’ve relaxed they have as well. Stick with it and hopefully it will all come good. 

I'll make sure the misses keeps em seperated when I'm not around for a while and just see what happens then ?

• Like 1

I'll make sure the misses keeps em seperated when I'm not around for a while and just see what happens then ?

My lurcher will growl and show teeth to my patt pup here occasionally snap at her when she really wants her F off. Just a boundary thing with them. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

My 2 can be left together now no problem. Until her first season but that’s another problem.