4 minutes ago, SONOFSOIL said:

Alan shearer was far more reliant on his fellow players than lionel messi, messi is capable of scoring goals from anywhere, beating multiple defenders if need be, i think he is king of the assist also, different gravy to the likes of shearer, van nistelrooy.

Yeah im not comparing messi to shearer in that way 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the GOAT, but who cares.., this guy did things with a ball that I’d happily pay to watch. Never get tired of watching the trick where he goes outside then inside in the same stride. He’d have only

The man has spent over a decade playing at a level that best couldn’t ever achieve , at a pace and intensity that defies belief , all the time being a misplaced ankle away from a career ending injury

Hes better conditioned than best as in nutrition, modern sports science and hemaROIDS, best dont what he did on a diet of booze and sex. In bests day ronaldo gets beat with his own dildo and kicked of

Posted Images

I think the joy of great players is that some days, they just can’t be dealt with !

However, they need to team.....wether it’s to play its part or respond they can’t do it alone.

• Like 1

I think of Roy Keane as a great player......he cemented that status for me when he dragged his team almost single handed to the champions league final.

Very rarely in your football life will you ever witness a bloke just project his will to win and never say die attitude out into his team like Keane did that night......he led, they followed.....that’s a great player and that performance is up there with Zidane in the World Cup final imho 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That Billy Gilmore is going to be one to watch, if he is developed carefully and properly he will be a joy to see play for lads who like proper players.

15 minutes ago, sid g said:

he lost me here i all ways thought he was a nob  this confirmed  it. 

I watched that game too mate and I have to say, I just can’t agree with you.

We know now that the lad was a man-child and he was so fired up for this game (and with all the hype surrounding him at the time) that I think he genuinely thought he had to go and win the game alone......and it all just blew up on him......it was too much.

That lad was left hanging in the wind in a system that wouldn’t be tolerated around football clubs now......today, someone would take care of him. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, sid g said:

alright if that one dont make him a nob feeding his best mate cat shit does ?

I bet him and Coisty got up to some utter nonsense mate......having met and shared a rather enjoyable half hour chatting to McCoist in a bothy in Scotland that lad had mischief and lads crack written all over him !

I bet it was mental 

Not the GOAT, but who cares.., this guy did things with a ball that I’d happily pay to watch. Never get tired of watching the trick where he goes outside then inside in the same stride. He’d have only done that only once against me mind ?

• Like 9

Ive said for a long time now that Ronaldo is the greatest player ive ever seen play live and i stick by that....i always think its hard to judge players just by watching them on telly i remember watching Ronaldo at games and just keeping an eye on him for long periods of time and being so impressed by his work rate and fitness,his competitiveness and desire to get forward.....ive never seen a player move so fast with a ball at his feet under total control....yes Messi has a lot to his game as did George Best but as a complete footballer and athlete i dont think theres been any better than Ronaldo.....also the fact he,s done it in different leagues over such a long period of time....phenomenal.

Its always hard to judge different era's you just have to keep it sensible and weigh things up...and most importantly keep sentiment out of it......so id put Bobby Moore a close second ?

• Like 3
4 hours ago, pesky1972 said:

Not the GOAT, but who cares.., this guy did things with a ball that I’d happily pay to watch. Never get tired of watching the trick where he goes outside then inside in the same stride. He’d have only done that only once against me mind ?

Certainly the most skillful I've ever seen but best player? Contradiction but no for me.

Cheers, D.