Whippet x greys

5 minutes ago, jackthelad said:

if the crack your smoking is as good as your long dogs can i have some please

Probably the best longdog you can imagine but no world beaters ? he's starting to realise the shite coming out his mouth. Must of had a day off the gear.

Edited by Kalibrgun
  • Haha 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best I’ve owned and seen in the field, bred out of a black working greyhound bitch in Cheshire to Dave Sleights whippet Brindle Sam. Had a pup gifted to me over 12 months back out of her but gave

Its good to hear some Whippet chat...?  These diminutive speedsters were the first dogs that I encountered when we moved from our Holding in rural Wales, to the deep Sarf...? It seemed as though

?Hey, there are dozens of lads who have walked out with me (some of them are on this site) and I'll put good money on the fact that to a man they will ALL say the same thing..."He is a funny old c**t

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

Probably the best longdog you can imagine but no world beaters ? he's starting to realise the shite coming out his mouth. Must of had a day off the gear.

Keen good honest workers and there not even on the ground yet could be the biggest piles of shit to ever walk a field ?

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Keen good honest workers and there not even on the ground yet could be the biggest piles of shit to ever walk a field ?

You couldn't write it could you lol best things since sliced bread so the man runs blue merle collie xs ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kalibrgun said:

The Irish hare is same subspecies as the blue hare they don't run anything near the brown hare not as fast or for as long 

The Irish hare is streets better than the blue hare, which runs as if it were a quarter rabbit. The Irish is indeed classified as a subspecies of blue but lives lowland as well as highground and has evolved to run better than the blue.

It still goes white in winter and IMO is maybe not as good as the brown hare but definately better than the blue.?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Maximus Ferret said:

The Irish hare is streets better than the blue hare, which runs as if it were a quarter rabbit. The Irish is indeed classified as a subspecies of blue but lives lowland as well as highground and has evolved to run better than the blue.

It still goes white in winter and IMO is maybe not as good as the brown hare but definately better than the blue.?

The blue hare in the Heather are easier get them on the big open patches where they've burnt it to the floor and on big breaks between the Heather they nothing like a rabbit. I ran the Irish hares and run the same as each other brown hare different kettle of fish compared to both. A young lad over in Ireland was splattering them Irish ones with a Irish terrier greyhound he brought it over with his old man s saluki types and tried running browns it got destroyed. Then took him up on the blues and was all over em

Yeah iv lived in England and still in Ireland, I do think the brown hare is a harder hare, down south of Ireland where I am small boggy fields or fields with forestry round it is where you find them. Lads netting for coursing clubs f****d them in decent fields, so really a fast dog better round here because they can't let them get to a gap as most gaps there heading for is forestry or a Glenn or some boggy rough high field and then they get lost so there both hard to kill, I killed a good few Irish hare with that blue and white whippet x dog but he killed a good few brown hare too he was a weapon on cwd 

1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Pheasants, rabbit, Hares, were the staple quarry and these wonderful little dogs filled the game bag on a daily basis.

Careful phil, you'll have 'magoo mchull' calling you a fibber!  Lol ?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, OldPhil said:

Its good to hear some Whippet chat...?

These diminutive speedsters were the first dogs that I encountered when we moved from our Holding in rural Wales, to the deep Sarf...? It seemed as though everyone had a whippet or a whippet hybrid...I soon got myself a pair and used them extensively.. We would walk where we liked and hunt what we liked. 

Pheasants, rabbit, Hares, were the staple quarry and these wonderful little dogs filled the game bag on a daily basis.

I had not been 'on the lamp ' in the 70's and I never noticed a deer in my area. so mouching and walking the stubbles for Hares was our pleasure. Its amazing, but I had a great run for about ten years before I ended up in the Magistrates Court..

Obviously, as the game changed, then so did my choice of dogs change....

I went full-time on the Roe deer ,.feck the divy rabbits and hares,..?

No profit in em....

Then, after a decade or more of freelancing, I went legit and offered myself as a full-time rabbit controller...

This brought a whole host of unexpected problems, and I decided to breed my own prefered type of working dog..

Nowadays,..life is cool,.I am totally chilled and I have exceptionally modest demands, from a working lurcher..

However, I have never forgotten my early days with the fleet-footed rag hounds and accordingly, I have included the blood of the Working Whippet within my own, home-bred rabbiters. 

I think there is a place for all types of running dog composites,..but the whippet is a personal favourite and for me, it always will be.?

043.JPG

Everything in the early days were whippet bred curs around our patch feather rabbits and rats was the game then , and same the lamp changed it all , done enough cold wet windy nights , time to chill and go back to the early stuff for me , will never understand why whippets are so underestimated 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Loton Moocher said:

Everything in the early days were whippet bred curs around our patch feather rabbits and rats was the game then , and same the lamp changed it all , done enough cold wet windy nights , time to chill and go back to the early stuff for me , will never understand why whippets are so underestimated 

My first dog was a beddy Whippet grey birch she was game as hell 110% into everything she did just her feet let her down. I remember my old man telling me to get ready for school he'll drop me off my mam didn't know any different we set off up the street but turned the wrong way we normally would to school I kept my mouth shut fell asleep and got woken up come pick one of these. We were in goathland near Whitby. Memories of that bitch will be with me forever she went everywhere with me she was still running at 12/13 what she lacked in speed as she got older she gained in brain putting herself in the right spot.

• Like 3
On 18/05/2021 at 19:12, shaaark said:

Careful phil, you'll have 'magoo mchull' calling you a fibber!  Lol ?

?Hey, there are dozens of lads who have walked out with me (some of them are on this site) and I'll put good money on the fact that to a man they will ALL say the same thing..."He is a funny old c**t and he takes offence quickly and is easily hurt"...BUT,..I would be shocked if anyone who has hunted with me would ever call me a liar, or say that I did not know my business..SO,..sad folk who abuse me and choose,.for no logical reason, to bad mouth me? are not a problem?

Some guys are born fools,..and they are destined to die fools,..I never wanted to be like that,...I wanted more out of life.

These Forums are invaluable meeting places, and can help to formulate lifelong friendships,...I've been so lucky to meet up with tremendously interesting guys who have gone out of their way to treat me with respect, and to educate me.

I learned a long time ago , that, 'Them as know, know, and them as don't know, don't fecking matter'..?

Stay safe Brother,....?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
47 minutes ago, fenman1# said:

Yeah iv lived in England and still in Ireland, I do think the brown hare is a harder hare, down south of Ireland where I am small boggy fields or fields with forestry round it is where you find them. Lads netting for coursing clubs f****d them in decent fields, so really a fast dog better round here because they can't let them get to a gap as most gaps there heading for is forestry or a Glenn or some boggy rough high field and then they get lost so there both hard to kill, I killed a good few Irish hare with that blue and white whippet x dog but he killed a good few brown hare too he was a weapon on cwd 

Them cwd run well I've had a lot of good runs on them with whippet xs 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

?Hey, there are dozens of lads who have walked out with me (some of them are on this site) and I'll put good money on the fact that to a man they will ALL say the same thing..."He is a funny old c**t and he takes offence quickly and is easily hurt"...BUT,..I would be shocked if anyone who has hunted with me would ever call me a liar, or say that I did not know my business..SO,..sad folk who abuse me and choose,.for no logical reason, to bad mouth me? are not a problem?

Some guys are born fools,..and they are destined to die fools,..I never wanted to be like that,...I wanted more out of life.

These Forums are invaluable meeting places, and can help to formulate lifelong friendships,...I've been so lucky to meet up with tremendously interesting guys who have gone out of their way to treat me with respect, and to educate me.

I learned a long time ago , that, 'Them as know, know, and them as don't know, don't fecking matter'..?

Stay safe Brother,....?

PHL_8096.JPG

That's the best way to look at people there's a lot on here that think they know better but know fcuck all when they start dribbling what they think they know. Many a time I've read through posts and been laughing away .

5 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Ted Walsh was a devoted whippet man, but I seem to remember he wasn't a fan of hare coursing with them.

Didnt he say hares were not a natural quarry for whippets, and some coursing meets were decided on a "bye" or a "gone away" with no hares being our under serious pressure during the the whole meet ?

Im a fan of whippets and I've owned non-peds that would take hares regularly, but I've never seen a KC seriously worry a good hare. I'm not talking about taking them from the seat, or kick ups or leverets.

Good winter hares ?

Cheers.

I think you are thinking of Douglas Todd, an old kc Whippet man who didnt approve of Whippets coursing Hares.

Ted Walsh was one of the founder members of the Whippet coursing club.

• Like 3