Thermal pulsa axion xm30

I feel with rabbit numbers low in most places we need to be sporting about hunting them. With all the new tech any newbie with little skill can wipe out the remaining animals. Surely dogs, ferrets, nets, scopes and bush skills are enough.

• Like 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be careful of your content 4 example I just watched your tree sap tapping video the other day wi me son ,well a few days after the 5 year old was fetched back from the neighbours they caught him

yeah,thats me right there,ive dug and coursed many over the years ,and enjoyed it all,but i never got a kick out of shooting them , I enjoy up the hills with a rifle and take a bit for the table ,but

Don't like your vids that much mate, good luck .

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

? what made you go coursing bred mate when you mainly rabbit seen good rabbit dogs 

Most think they shite bunny's dogs don't they ?

Or was you fed up a slipping on old long ear and having to go home lol?

Yes locally we have alot of big rabbits on small fields. I was hoping to get on the big land but have a dog that could run them in the small fields aswell. 

I was planning on keeping a bitch and hoping she had she be like a whippet grey like the dam but hopefully have more wind like the sire. 

But she died at 16 weeks. So I think I ended up with a dog that ran like a coursing dog but with just abit better stamina than a whippet grey. 

This was a bitch pup out of the litter.

16 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I feel with rabbit numbers low in most places we need to be sporting about hunting them. With all the new tech any newbie with little skill can wipe out the remaining animals. Surely dogs, ferrets, nets, scopes and bush skills are enough.

If your going out to catch something your going out to catch something. If you dont want to catch too many you stop. Simple really. The thermal helps check for rabbits. It doesnt catch them. 

Any newbie not catch them if he doesnt use field craft . Well he might. Truth is a lamp will keep a rabbit squatting, you try and get close with your thermal the rabbits likely to run off as it sees you coming. You dazzle it with your lamp and it cant see you getting closer. 

Thermal helps you check the ground faster without spooking stuff straight away and helps you stay undetected if your hopping over the fence. That's it. 

Edited by Andrewreynoldshunting
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Yes locally we have alot of big rabbits on small fields. I was hoping to get on the big land but have a dog that could run them in the small fields aswell. 

I was planning on keeping a bitch and hoping she had she be like a whippet grey like the dam but hopefully have more wind like the sire. 

But she died at 16 weeks. So I think I ended up with a dog that ran like a coursing dog but with just abit better stamina than a whippet grey. 

This was a bitch pup out of the litter.

Like her mate ? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

Like her mate ? 

Hes never lamped her either. I would love to see her behind a long ear. But lads not interested. Just likes his ferreting. 

Nipper the brother caught 5 long ears and 30 rabbits one night which I thought was brilliant. But he died of cancer. He would run out the beam and cut in. 

4 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Hes never lamped her either. I would love to see her behind a long ear. But lads not interested. Just likes his ferreting. 

Nipper the brother caught 5 long ears and 30 rabbits one night which I thought was brilliant. But he died of cancer. He would run out the beam and cut in. 

she  descent turn of foot mouth good mouth mate 

id dont lamp as much now but 30 and 5 good night mate swapping changing from bunny to hare takes it out them ?

when you say runs like a coursing dog what do you mean mate 

a good coursing dog run that bunny just like dog in vid kill lamped hares the same mate or early season hares 

7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

she  descent turn of foot mouth good mouth mate 

id dont lamp as much now but 30 and 5 good night mate swapping changing from bunny to hare takes it out them ?

when you say runs like a coursing dog what do you mean mate 

a good coursing dog run that bunny just like dog in vid kill lamped hares the same mate or early season hares 

Not enough pressure. Abit too laid back. Waiting for the rabbit to make a mistake but not got gears to preasure but not the stamina to stay either. If that makes sense. 

I know all coursing dogs dont run like that but yeah he just too relaxed and abit heavy footed/ heavy boned too. 

The bitch in the video be a good daytime dog imo. 

Edited by Andrewreynoldshunting
Just now, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

Not enough pressure. Abit too laid back. Waiting for the rabbit to make a mistake but not got gears to preasure but not the stamina to stay either. If that makes sense. 

I know all coursing dogs dont run like that but yeah he just too relaxed and abit heavy footed/ heavy boned too. 

that sound like a poor runner mate no offence you get them  or a dog thats  been sickened mate if it was a courser 

i get were you think from big land hares they follow mate but they dont run like that on the lamp or early season mate 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Andrewreynoldshunting said:

If your going out to catch something your going out to catch something. If you dont want to catch too many you stop. Simple really. The thermal helps check for rabbits. It doesnt catch them. 

Any newbie not catch them if he doesnt use field craft . Well he might. Truth is a lamp will keep a rabbit squatting, you try and get close with your thermal the rabbits likely to run off as it sees you coming. You dazzle it with your lamp and it cant see you getting closer. 

Thermal helps you check the ground faster without spooking stuff straight away and helps you stay undetected if your hopping over the fence. That's it. 

I wasn't targeting the thermal just general technology. Not all people have the same ethics as you as far as keeping a decent population going. I'm an old bloke and behind the times it seems but I think hunting should be kept traditional and basic.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

that sound like a poor runner mate no offence you get them  or a dog thats  been sickened mate if it was a courser 

i get were you think from big land hares they follow mate but they dont run like that on the lamp or early season mate 

Run most coursing dogs enough and they start waiting for mistakes. No need to be kennel blind and say this that n the other a goodun is a goodun but there very few and far between i been round some very good match/hare killers i wouldnt own for a gift as there way of running would never do it for me dont matter field or fen even if killing on both a dogs gotta run with commitment fir me

• Like 1
Just now, Aussie Whip said:

I wasn't targeting the thermal just general technology. Not all people have the same ethics as you as far as keeping a decent population going. I'm an old bloke and behind the times it seems but I think hunting should be kept traditional and basic.

is that a yes for wellies then aussie ?im glad im with the ruggid aussie lol and not these posers in there hiking boots ??

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, C.green said:

Run most coursing dogs enough and they start waiting for mistakes. No need to be kennel blind and say this that n the other a goodun is a goodun but there very few and far between i been round some very good match/hare killers i wouldnt own for a gift as there way of running would never do it for me dont matter field or fen even if killing on both a dogs gotta run with commitment fir me

ive never had a half descent one follow a bunny about mate if it cant gear up and strike well on a bunny what chance you got even on a proper  hare id want to it only hold on until it could start trying it then keep trying 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

ive never had a half descent one follow a bunny about mate if it cant gear up and strike well on a bunny what chance you got even on a proper  hare id want to it only hold on until it could start trying it then keep trying 

What you want and what you have infront of you are two different things. Ill say it again run your coursing dogs hard enough youll be needing a gps for anything other than rabbits as theyll be waiting for ruts and fences rather than smacking stuff. 

• Haha 1