Thermal pulsa axion xm30

1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

i know the travellers are all equipped with the thermal yokes,drive to a gate ,have a gawk,if theres one there ,in they go ,if not off they go ..ive been told theyve gone from 2 to 3 runs a day to anything up to half a dozen..no more walking for hours to get one run ,its also been said it will be the demise of the hare as nothing is now safe ,they cant hide anymore ,the thermal picks them all out ...they cover far more ground now since they have them and miss nothing in a field when searching....

That’s the same for anyone with a thermal. Rifle boys round me blast every fox there is now. Litter of Cubs sat tight in a hedge gone. Fox sat in cover that you wouldn’t see with a lamp dead. Thermal and night vision will decimate foxes. At least the hare still has a chance against the dogs 

• Like 4

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just be careful of your content 4 example I just watched your tree sap tapping video the other day wi me son ,well a few days after the 5 year old was fetched back from the neighbours they caught him

yeah,thats me right there,ive dug and coursed many over the years ,and enjoyed it all,but i never got a kick out of shooting them , I enjoy up the hills with a rifle and take a bit for the table ,but

Don't like your vids that much mate, good luck .

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jigsaw said:

i know the travellers are all equipped with the thermal yokes,drive to a gate ,have a gawk,if theres one there ,in they go ,if not off they go ..ive been told theyve gone from 2 to 3 runs a day to anything up to half a dozen..no more walking for hours to get one run ,its also been said it will be the demise of the hare as nothing is now safe ,they cant hide anymore ,the thermal picks them all out ...they cover far more ground now since they have them and miss nothing in a field when searching....

Can still miss stuff deffo but its a gamechanger for daytime

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

i do see the attraction to them though ,(besides the price)...but its deffo going to put the numbers under pressure 

A up.jig true story, I was followed about 1 night by 2 lads eventually they plucked up the courage 2 speak 2 me I wernt keen as I didn't know them ,I'd had 3 maybe 4 rabbits well the dog had ,anyroad it turned out they had a top range rifle nv scope and thermal spotter ,they had bagged feck all but the did stink o weed

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, Countryman62 said:

It’s not about him giving anyone a chance to win summat more about him wanting other lads to pay for him having new equipment ffs

Lol 

So someone isn't going to win a £1,150 thermal for £25. Like I say £25 is nothing. I spend that on a days snap at work. When I was working. 

How many people would chuck that on a horse, dog footy match. Especially with the chance of that return. 

End of the day I'm in no rush to get rid of it. But if anyone wants the chance of winning a thermal for the price of a couple bacon cobs at chatsworth lol Get at me lol 

Edited by Andrewreynoldshunting
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

A up.jig true story, I was followed about 1 night by 2 lads eventually they plucked up the courage 2 speak 2 me I wernt keen as I didn't know them ,I'd had 3 maybe 4 rabbits well the dog had ,anyroad it turned out they had a top range rifle nv scope and thermal spotter ,they had bagged feck all but the did stink o weed

I know blokes on FB shooting 7 to 10 foxes some nights, and big photos up ,and thats all through cubing as well,i have killed plenty of foxes ,so no bother doing it ,but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when i see that kind of numbers being shot ,each to their own though, I can see good and bad in the thermals ,i suppose its the way forward 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I know blokes on FB shooting 7 to 10 foxes some nights, and big photos up ,and thats all through cubing as well,i have killed plenty of foxes ,so no bother doing it ,but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when i see that kind of numbers being shot ,each to their own though, I can see good and bad in the thermals ,i suppose its the way forward 

Yeah was just making the point that even wi all the kit some will still be useless, but I agree in the right hands be lethal, rifles should be banned imo ?

Just now, Black neck said:

Yeah was just making the point that even wi all the kit some will still be useless, but I agree in the right hands be lethal, rifles should be banned imo ?

lol ive a 223 and in the 9 years i have it ,ive shot 2 foxes ...and ignored many more ...if they dont bother me i dont bother them,if ye cant eat it or use it ,dont waste a shell shooting it 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

lol ive a 223 and in the 9 years i have it ,ive shot 2 foxes ...and ignored many more ...if they dont bother me i dont bother them,if ye cant eat it or use it ,dont waste a shell shooting it 

You need to get a new hobby ? I get what your saying though as many I've killed over the years they're not bad to see now and again....... With a good dog behind em ?

6 hours ago, mC HULL said:

i think lads need to relise were out bit a sport enjoying the country ?not hunting bin laden to much call a duty all want to be special forces ?

what i have seen of them they are quality you spot things you dont know a 10 foot away 

Like a keeper or plod lol 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Kalibrgun said:

You need to get a new hobby ? I get what your saying though as many I've killed over the years they're not bad to see now and again....... With a good dog behind em ?

yeah,thats me right there,ive dug and coursed many over the years ,and enjoyed it all,but i never got a kick out of shooting them , I enjoy up the hills with a rifle and take a bit for the table ,but dog work is king no doubts 

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 6
13 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Not everyone like u tho mate some shoot every thing ,I think a blanket ban on rifles would sort the problem out 

3 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

yeah,thats me right there,ive dug and coursed many over the years ,and enjoyed it all,but i never got a kick out of shooting them , I enjoy up the hills with a rifle and take a bit for the table ,but dog work is king no doubts 

we had to shoot one Saturday night and it's too easy was in very good Nick too for the time of year moulting. Would of preferred seeing it run instead of pulling the trigger and bowling it straight over.