bowline whippet x greyhounds longdogs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,..now listen up fellah,...I've never met you and have no problem with you.... I have not slagged your breeding off,.I would not do such a thing,...why would I ? You say I contacted you wi

dogs alot a the time was providing the meat mate so shite wasnt tollerated dogs went for 1000 pound in the 80s mate some  pups 300  notes then  remember wages price of living as increased look pr

Not sure how far back lads want to go when talking about prices for jukels? I can only talk of the 60's through to the 80's and 90's ,...after that, I went legit, and things changed...? My c

Posted Images

3 hours ago, mC HULL said:

dogs alot a the time was providing the meat mate so shite wasnt tollerated dogs went for 1000 pound in the 80s mate some  pups 300  notes then 

remember wages price of living as increased look price of a pint and smokes but lads still want pups 150 quid pay that for a pair a wellies same lad pay 500 on fishing bivvy a cheap shitty tent happy to pay 500 for some delkim bite alarms lol but not a dog madness 

U had 2 bring up the wellies again dint you 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

U had 2 bring up the wellies again dint you 

you arent one a them that spend 300 on wellies and wants a nice pup gifting are you mate 

id rather spend 500 for pup tenner some dunlops  ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

you arent one a them that spend 300 on wellies and wants a nice pup gifting are you mate 

id rather spend 500 for pup tenner some dunlops  ?

I said something similar, about people moaning about paying decent money for pups, a couple of years ago.  Those same people think nothing about spending over a grand for an air rifle, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, or upwards of 3-4 grand for a shotgun, but whinge like fcuk about paying for a nicely bred pup that will last them 10 years in the field!!  Madness.

• Like 11
6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I said something similar, about people moaning about paying decent money for pups, a couple of years ago.  Those same people think nothing about spending over a grand for an air rifle, sometimes 2 or 3 times a year, or upwards of 3-4 grand for a shotgun, but whinge like fcuk about paying for a nicely bred pup that will last them 10 years in the field!!  Madness.

couldnt agree more. Worry about quality first and cost next. Always seems to be enough money for guns, fashionable hunting boots and beer etc but want a lurcher for next to nothing.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, grompz said:

les robinsons, early bedlingtonxs, definetlly carried willhay blood in them andwere good stock,the last dog i got from les in the 90s, carried stag night blood in him, made an excellent ferreting, lamping, and gun dog, sadly lost the blood line of that dog, not heard much of les for years now, but him and his missus were decent people to deal with, the bedlington blood was always rillington, he was a great friend of george newcombe, never had any thing to do with carl williams dogs , but hewas from my era, always had ads for his stud dogs and pups,in the old shooting news, really enjoy this thread, lot of you lads wouldnt even be born, when the likes of williams, les robinson,.bred good sound working stock, sadly just for dollar now

Think It was 40 years ago that I had that bitch got killed in road accident bloody  my 2 best dog have been her and a collie x whippet and never been able to get anythink like  them like rocking horse shit

58 minutes ago, Black neck said:

We had too do 18 hour at Mill walk home 70 mile in bare feet and when we got back dad would thrash us 2 sleep wi his belt

Paradise!

We had to empty all the dog shit bins with our teeth, having had our arms pulled off at the shoulders, twenty five hours a day 8 days a week, and we paid them, then we huddled around a freezing cold lump of gravel to keep warm

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Paradise!

We had to empty all the dog shit bins with our teeth, having had our arms pulled off at the shoulders, twenty five hours a day 8 days a week, and we paid them, then we huddled around a freezing cold lump of gravel to keep warm

We could only dream of having teeth 

Just now, low plains drifter said:

Well, when I say teeth, they were only diseased gums with a couple of bits of broken glass pushed in, but they were teeth to us

Aye you were lucky no dog shit bins for us ,we just had roll about ont floor and encourage the dogs 2 shit on us

• Haha 2