bowline whippet x greyhounds longdogs

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi,..now listen up fellah,...I've never met you and have no problem with you.... I have not slagged your breeding off,.I would not do such a thing,...why would I ? You say I contacted you wi

dogs alot a the time was providing the meat mate so shite wasnt tollerated dogs went for 1000 pound in the 80s mate some  pups 300  notes then  remember wages price of living as increased look pr

Not sure how far back lads want to go when talking about prices for jukels? I can only talk of the 60's through to the 80's and 90's ,...after that, I went legit, and things changed...? My c

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

Had a will hay cross Bedlington years ago  of les Robinson good bitch 

50 minutes ago, troyboy17 said:

Had a will hay cross Bedlington years ago  of les Robinson good bitch 

les robinsons, early bedlingtonxs, definetlly carried willhay blood in them andwere good stock,the last dog i got from les in the 90s, carried stag night blood in him, made an excellent ferreting, lamping, and gun dog, sadly lost the blood line of that dog, not heard much of les for years now, but him and his missus were decent people to deal with, the bedlington blood was always rillington, he was a great friend of george newcombe, never had any thing to do with carl williams dogs , but hewas from my era, always had ads for his stud dogs and pups,in the old shooting news, really enjoy this thread, lot of you lads wouldnt even be born, when the likes of williams, les robinson,.bred good sound working stock, sadly just for dollar now

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol you think they wasnt bred for dollar back then lol food on table and money from pups it was a win win lol 

yeah , i agree they were bred for dollar even back then the only difference then was lads payed the prices for dogs, but majority of dogs were bred from proven workers so  lads took there chances and paid the price, most dog men back then were honest down to earth lads with working mans prices,didnt all breed crap and charge extorniate prices like today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, grompz said:

yeah , i agree they were bred for dollar even back then the only difference then was lads payed the prices for dogs, but majority of dogs were bred from proven workers so  lads took there chances and paid the price, most dog men back then were honest down to earth lads with working mans prices,didnt all breed crap and charge extorniate prices like today.

most lads back then were honest??

im not sure i would go along with that.....but i think i get what your trying to say

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, grompz said:

dogs alot a the time was providing the meat mate so shite wasnt tollerated dogs went for 1000 pound in the 80s mate some  pups 300  notes then 

remember wages price of living as increased look price of a pint and smokes but lads still want pups 150 quid pay that for a pair a wellies same lad pay 500 on fishing bivvy a cheap shitty tent happy to pay 500 for some delkim bite alarms lol but not a dog madness 

• Like 16
3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

dogs alot a the time was providing the meat mate so shite wasnt tollerated dogs went for 1000 pound in the 80s mate some  pups 300  notes then 

remember wages price of living as increased look price of a pint and smokes but lads still want pups 150 quid pay that for a pair a wellies same lad pay 500 on fishing bivvy a cheap shitty tent happy to pay 500 for some delkim bite alarms lol but not a dog madness 

thats a good point mc...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, grompz said:

les robinsons, early bedlingtonxs, definetlly carried willhay blood in them andwere good stock,the last dog i got from les in the 90s, carried stag night blood in him, made an excellent ferreting, lamping, and gun dog, sadly lost the blood line of that dog, not heard much of les for years now, but him and his missus were decent people to deal with, the bedlington blood was always rillington, he was a great friend of george newcombe, never had any thing to do with carl williams dogs , but hewas from my era, always had ads for his stud dogs and pups,in the old shooting news, really enjoy this thread, lot of you lads wouldnt even be born, when the likes of williams, les robinson,.bred good sound working stock, sadly just for dollar now

Les was a real nice guy,...he definitely knew the score....?

• Like 1

Not sure how far back lads want to go when talking about prices for jukels?

I can only talk of the 60's through to the 80's and 90's ,...after that, I went legit, and things changed...?

My crew was never competitive, so we did not require a world beater ,..we just wanted plenty of game to sell...

Most dogs back then were £45 tops and Gypsy longdogs were the best buy for us,,...we did not look after them,..we knew no better...?

Mind you, I do remember Fred Smith bringing FlyBye down from the North and his dad coughing up £100 for the animal..

Old Flash (FlyBye) was a Bilko bred racing whippet, and he went on to earn his Racing Champion honours,..his success caused many of my pals to dig deep into their pockets and start paying out a lot more vonga for running dogs... I never did though,...I stayed within budget..cheap and cheerful...?

Edited by OldPhil
  • Like 12
17 minutes ago, OldPhil said:

Not sure how far back lads want to go when talking about prices for jukels?

I can only talk of the 60's through to the 80's and 90's ,...after that, I went legit, and things changed...?

My crew was never competitive, so we did not require a world beater ,..we just wanted plenty of game to sell...

Most dogs back then were £45 tops and Gypsy longdogs were the best buy for us,,...we did not look after them,..we knew no better...?

Mind you, I do remember Fred Smith bringing FlyBye down from the North and his dad coughing up £100 for the animal..

Old Flash (FlyBye) was a Bilko bred racing whippet, and he went on to earn his Racing Champion honours,..his success caused many of my pals to dig deep into their pockets and start paying out a lot more vonga for running dogs... I never did though,...I stayed within budget..cheap and cheerful...?

File0033.jpg

IMG_1509.PNG.2b934cb221c2e96bad06f887e8b72714.PNG

Cheers.

• Like 3