First time

Last night was the first time going to a perm, with Jimmy  ( BigMac97k )

It was a amazing experience, as it was my first time I had to walk around without my rifle to watch and learn how it was done from Jimmy.

so we pulled up and he got his UGLY gun out and we went for a little walk, it wasn’t long before we spotted a rabbit and Jimmy took the shot, the rabbit fell and then ran off. It was then when he explained even tho they’re dead they can still run. We went back to the car to move it to a different spot.

Within 5 minutes or so of moving location we saw maybe 3/4 rabbits on the side of a bush, so Jimmy lay down on the tarmac and  lined up the shot, he hit a few of them but with there last scarper of life went down the burrow. I then nudged him and told him there was a rabbit just sitting about under the bush about 20ish Yards away, to which I got the reply “your eyes must be better than mine, as I can’t see it” so he handed me the ULGY gun and let me take the shot, low and behold the spotlight was on me and I missed and off it ran.

We lay on a field for about 20 mins while he talked me through the do’s and don’ts of stalking, and a woman decided that she did not like us there and glared at us for a good 15 mins all while throwing branches into the bush to scare anything away, so we got up and went back to the jeep for a drink.

It started to get darker so Jimmy fitted the lamp to the Raider and let me take it out with him, with the instructions to not shoot anything unless he said so, so off we go walking to the lamma pen and it wasn’t long before we saw some rabbits, they got spooked and ran off, so me and Jimmy lay down and decided to wait, I saw something out the corner of my eye moving so I followed it, it was a rabbit and just before it went under the fence I took my shot, it jumped in the air and then disappeared, Jimmy then fired 2/3 shots at the same direction so I had just thought I missed it and he got it (turns out he was shooting at a post thinking it was a rabbit)? but he told me to go and retrieve it and I had got my first rabbit, I was over the moon. 

the rest of the night was spent just walking around the farm but it was a quiet night and not a lot was about. 

It was nice just to get out somewhere that was so peaceful and away from anything, and just take in all the animal calls.

all in all it was a great night and I can’t wait to get at it again. I just wanted to thank Jimmy and Sean for letting me onto their permission with them.

Jason

A744AECA-D9B3-4663-BC43-18AC21A8408F.jpeg

9F15F0A1-0BEF-4DD8-B3DC-68A6CD45DFEC.jpeg

Edited by JayB0
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayB0 said:

Last night was the first time going to a perm, with Jimmy  ( BigMac97k )

It was a amazing experience, as it was my first time I had to walk around without my rifle to watch and learn how it was done from Jimmy.

so we pulled up and he got his UGLY gun out and we went for a little walk, it wasn’t long before we spotted a rabbit and Jimmy took the shot, the rabbit fell and then ran off. It was then when he explained even tho they’re dead they can still run. We went back to the car to move it to a different spot.

Within 5 minutes or so of moving location we saw maybe 3/4 rabbits on the side of a bush, so Jimmy lay down on the tarmac and  lined up the shot, he hit a few of them but with there last scarper of life went down the burrow. I then nudged him and told him there was a rabbit just sitting about under the bush about 20ish Yards away, to which I got the reply “your eyes must be better than mine, as I can’t see it” so he handed me the ULGY gun and let me take the shot, low and behold the spotlight was on me and I missed and off it ran.

We lay on a field for about 20 mins while he talked me through the do’s and don’ts of stalking, and a woman decided that she did not like us there and glared at us for a good 15 mins all while throwing branches into the bush to scare anything away, so we got up and went back to the jeep for a drink.

It started to get darker so Jimmy fitted the lamp to the Raider and let me take it out with him, with the instructions to not shoot anything unless he said so, so off we go walking to the lamma pen and it wasn’t long before we saw some rabbits, they got spooked and ran off, so me and Jimmy lay down and decided to wait, I saw something out the corner of my eye moving so I followed it, it was a rabbit and just before it went under the fence I took my shot, it jumped in the air and then disappeared, Jimmy then fired 2/3 shots at the same direction so I had just thought I missed it and he got it (turns out he was shooting at a post thinking it was a rabbit)? but he told me to go and retrieve it and I had got my first rabbit, I was over the moon. 

the rest of the night was spent just walking around the farm but it was a quiet night and not a lot was about. 

It was nice just to get out somewhere that was so peaceful and away from anything, and just take in all the animal calls.

all in all it was a great night and I can’t wait to get at it again. I just wanted to thank Jimmy and Simon for letting me onto their permission with them.

Jason

A744AECA-D9B3-4663-BC43-18AC21A8408F.jpeg

9F15F0A1-0BEF-4DD8-B3DC-68A6CD45DFEC.jpeg

SEAN NOT SIMON 

BLOODY ROOKYS

????

• Haha 1

Was a good night 

Air was still no wind at all 

U could here a twig snap from a mile away 

Jason get rid of them army boots 

Was like walking with a company of troops lol

Got to admit lads for his first time 

He was OK and his shot on his rabbit was spot on 

Think I need to change Pellets as I'm using AA field deablo and they are 

Going strait through and they are falling then getting up and running 

Need some thing that will not go strait through 

There dead but don't know there dead 

Atvbjimmy ??

11 minutes ago, villaman said:

Have you tried JSB heavies 10.3 gr ?

Those jsb heavy are absolutely spot on in my hw100. Pellet on pellet at 40 yards, pretty much bang on at 50 yards as well. They’re heavier but don’t seem to drop any more as distance increases than the 8.4 jsb’s. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, villaman said:

Have you tried JSB heavies 10.3 gr ?

Yes mitch 

Funny thing is it was spot on with them pellet on pellet 

But then they went off not accurate at all 

But to be honest I had the same result with the heavys going strait through 

As u know I'm a big fan of the jsb 

But this is the first rifle that don't like them at all 

But I seam to recall that bis mags 

Were the same in another rifle first they would b on then a week or so later they would not group at all 

But as for the rifle it's a cracker ugly but good at the same time but at the end of the day it is a FX after all 

Atvbjimmy ???

• Like 1

I`m still using the JSB Exact Express 4.52, 7.87g since Mitch put me onto them some five years ago, i`m not sure if you have tried them yet Jimmy ?

I find them extremely effective in accuracy and striking powering all my .177 rifles.

Great to see you out and about Jimmy, shall I keep your shooting lessons booked ? xx :laugh:

• Like 1