Squirrels

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two hours’ work with the HW100KT - pleased with the result!  

Another 3 one evening last week  , followed by another 4 a few mornings later could only get to. 2 , 35 now from the one feeder since June only shoot it 2 hours a week 

Another 8 today in less than 2 hours could only retrieve 5 

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Looks ok Sam, maybe the hopper feed hole might be a bit small if you’re using peanuts? If they get damp they tend to block up a bit.

Hi was actually wandering about that , now you’ve confirmed my suspicion I’ll open it up a bit , cheers ?

• 3 weeks later...

Had loads of reds on one of my perms now loads of grays not

seen any reds for ages

but loads of grays around now

just waiting on the wood to be delivered then knocked two or three up and get them out there

and start putting pay,d to them grays

atvbjimmy

• Like 4
On 16/07/2021 at 13:28, jeemes said:

Thanks for all the advice and this was the first result. I had a Roe knock most of the maize out, but didnt stop it being a success so thanks.

IMG_6042.jpg

Just a suggestion mate but try lifting the feeder higher up seems pretty low to the floor , find they work better for squirrel around chest height, won’t have as much trouble with deer fox and brock , and the squirrels seem more at ease higher up , 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

Just a suggestion mate but try lifting the feeder higher up seems pretty low to the floor , find they work better for squirrel around chest height, won’t have as much trouble with deer fox and brock , and the squirrels seem more at ease higher up , 

That is my chest height ??cheeky fecker ????

• Haha 2
23 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Thanks, its not as low as it looks though, how weird and they say pictures never lie. It was a bit higher than waist height in that picture, but Ive had to raise it even higher to keep Roe deer off it. They just bash everything out of it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jeemes said:

Thanks, its not as low as it looks though, how weird and they say pictures never lie. It was a bit higher than waist height in that picture, but Ive had to raise it even higher to keep Roe deer off it. They just bash everything out of it.

It’s alright for you lot, I’m only one inch tall but I make up for it by being four feet wide?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yesterday’s evening on the squirrels was ruined by a thunder storm just as I sat in down in the hide 3/4 hour of pouring rain eventually gave way I spotted 1 squirrel who soon bolted as mr fox was in persuite only for the cheeky fecker to sit down and chow on the spilt food for at least 20 minutes with ya care in the world and oblivious to my presence, I had to scare it off so I could go home my mate will be out for it this evening 

74E1EDBB-13F8-4A37-993C-44624AC0B898.jpeg

AB884BE2-8C97-4092-A2E3-8B182428B19D.jpeg

F7FB0057-B487-4F20-850F-43B7421588D7.jpeg

• Like 3