A change of plan

After losing my pouch with 3 mags in a couple of weeks ago, I have been thinking about a change of gun, not to replace my Impact but to run alongside for different jobs as I am not wildly happy with my .177 hw 110k, nothing wrong with the gun but I preferred my old .22 110k.  Anyway, after some searching for an FX Verminator in .22 fac but the only one I could find was a Mk1 and a few years old at that, so time to think again.

I went to the rfd today and decided that whilst I like the 110k with the black rubberised beech stock, I just fancied a change so here we go a 110k laminate. A quick switch of the scope and fill the mag with JSB RS pellets then into the rfd range at 25mt and whilst I had not cleaned the barrel, after a few shots, it was pellet on pellet apart from a flyer which was my fault. I doubt it will be used much above 35mt to be honest but it feels nice in the shoulder and I may buy a black stock if I am likely to be knocking it around although that is not likely either so a pleasing start.

DSCF3690.JPG

DSCF3692.JPG

Phil

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Nice Phil, I’m still waiting for them to do the 110 in green synthetic ??

Yes I am with you there and if one does come out for these guns, I will be buying one.

A bit more pellet testing today and to my amazement the JSB RS were just not doing the business which is a first for me, they did give good results but flyers were becoming common and this time I new it was not me feckin things up so a few more pellets from JSB and AA all of which were better groups than the RS pellet but the best of all were AA Field Heavy which produced 8mm group with 10 shots fired so tonights rat job will be with the AA Heavy and see what they are like on live quarry.  I have used these in fac and they are superb but never used them in a sub 12 so it will be a first for me.

Phil

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, philpot said:

Yes I am with you there and if one does come out for these guns, I will be buying one.

A bit more pellet testing today and to my amazement the JSB RS were just not doing the business which is a first for me, they did give good results but flyers were becoming common and this time I new it was not me feckin things up so a few more pellets from JSB and AA all of which were better groups than the RS pellet but the best of all were AA Field Heavy which produced 8mm group with 10 shots fired so tonights rat job will be with the AA Heavy and see what they are like on live quarry.  I have used these in fac and they are superb but never used them in a sub 12 so it will be a first for me.

Phil

My little brocock contour likes them, it’s mag is very pellet fussy, but it loves the field heavy?. I’ve never tried any rs though, but my hw99s doesn’t like jsb express at all, strangely, but likes those cheapo bisley wasps.....?

53 minutes ago, villaman said:

If it’s .22 then give superdomes ago , you might be surprised 

Really.............. I would not have expected you to say that Mitch, I have tested them in .177 and whilst I am a big fan of their rimfire ammo, the pellets were total sh1te but I am up for trying them, cheap as well.

Phil

12 hours ago, Dervburner said:

.22, it loves rws hobby.

Are Hobby the flat nose pellets.  I did try some Bisley Pest Control yesterday as well which were decent and may use them for short range rats.

Phil

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Are Hobby the flat nose pellets.  I did try some Bisley Pest Control yesterday as well which were decent and may use them for short range rats.

Phil

Yerr, flat heads Phil, work very well on rats and don’t penetrate too much. They flatten and expand quickly. They’re fast as well, doing about 660fps in my .22 hw99. These are some hobby and rws hollow point that I’ve just found in the shed while looking for garden canes. I could send you some to try Phil? I think they’ve been there for some time?

5E94B434-BABC-4494-A96F-B84F909A4B67.jpeg

696E16CD-AF77-4877-B48D-AE474211F6EF.jpeg

Edited by Dervburner
Found these.....
  • Thanks 1

Thanks DB but I have had a word with my rfd who has some opened tins for me to try next week. The Super-H-Point are very similar to bis pest control which work well but both of the Hobby and H-Point look to have better leading profile than the Bisley Practice and Pest Control so worth getting some of each to test for short range ratting. 

Phil

• Like 1
16 hours ago, philpot said:

Thanks DB but I have had a word with my rfd who has some opened tins for me to try next week. The Super-H-Point are very similar to bis pest control which work well but both of the Hobby and H-Point look to have better leading profile than the Bisley Practice and Pest Control so worth getting some of each to test for short range ratting. 

Phil

Let us know how you get on Phil ??

• Like 1