One Piece Low Cost Mounts vs SM Two Piece

I'm a big fan of one piece mounts. 

I've got a set of set of Sports Match Two Piece Mounts but I also have a set of third party one piece mounts both 30mm.... 

I wonder which will be closest to bang on out the box  

Must admit I don't like one piece mounts and have used Sports Match many times with no issues at all plus they are much lighter. I cannot see why you want a one piece mount on an air rifle.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philpot said:

Must admit I don't like one piece mounts and have used Sports Match many times with no issues at all plus they are much lighter. I cannot see why you want a one piece mount on an air rifle.

Phil

Has it happens Phil, on this occasion you are right with a capital R. 

The one piece mounts didn't work at all on this occasion, they work well on my BSA Lightening and Cometa but on this larger Rifle the two rings allowed me to get the eye relief perfect and spread the forward mount forward slight knocks on the Nikko long ranger and a some twiddling and rezero through the same hole..... Chuffed. 

I never use a single-piece mount on any of my air rifles. Certainly not my PCPs.

A two-piece mount set allows you to position the scope perfectly for eye-relief and better weight distribution over the rifle with more freedom of positioning movement than any single piece I've used in the past. 

Just my view of these.

Simon/Pianoman.

• Like 2