Sparks? Quick Question, Please?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

based on your description; use a professional for f**k sake ?

as a DIY bodge the safest is to stick the transformer inside and run the low voltage wire outside that way 2 core cable could be used, think heavy speaker cable, could even run it inside a hosepipe to

the difference between 5v and 8v is not going to be a problem with what you want, if the jack plugs are the right size then carry on, it is correct that for a given load the more volts involved the lo

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Fukk, Hams! That was close!!! Thanks, mate. Brilliant effort!

Sadly; It states it's compatible with 8v. Not with 5v? So, chances are it won't go with my 6v either? :(

How the hell do you even find this shit though?! I spent the afternood scrabbling about google and amazon. Trying every terms I could think of ?

the difference between 5v and 8v is not going to be a problem with what you want, if the jack plugs are the right size then carry on, it is correct that for a given load the more volts involved the lower the amps but at that low level, crack on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just looked at that amazon link, it does not say that the cable is rated for 8v, it says that it fits an 8v camera, if the plugs are the size you need thats the cable you need

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:
Need to know the jack size ken 

I'm on it! 8)

4.0 x 1.7mm coax. Positive Tip. Inside pin. (Radio Shack 274 - 1532 or equivalent)

See? I don't just come in here blowing shit and expecting answers on a plate. I Try first! :D

There are two things that need a certificate in a domestic dweling, gas and electrickery.

No one fucks about with gas.....even though if there was a leak you could smell it, and probably isolate it, and get rid of it by opening a window.

Electrickery, you can't see, smell, taste and you know its there when it's got you. Open a window if you want it won't do f**k all.

Get a local spark to do it Ken and dont pay a penny until you have a minor works certificate. Covers you and covers your insurance requirements. From what you are after IF the existing circuitry is in reasonable condition for continued use you should be talking couple hundred quid. If it isn't......then best a spark tells u that and you sort the problem anyway?

3 most common causes of fire

Chip pans

Cigarettes

Electrical faults

1 hour ago, ryaldinhio said:

3 most common causes of fire

Chip pans

Cigarettes

Electrical faults

And the British Fire Service reckon 70% of 'Fires of unknown source' are caused by rodents.

I don't smoke. I only eat microwaved oven chips. I have a very particular set of skills, where rodents are concerned.

Electrical faults? I appreciate the concern. But, fukk me; I want to run a little camera here. Not wire for the Radipole Electric Festival Of Pissing Rain Beside The Lake In June.

Let's retain some perspective here. Would Hammer's 'Nest Box Spy Cam', above, need a qualified and certified Spark's attention? Would the placement of a pound shop mouse trap justify calling out Rento?

19 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Why not just run an extension lead and put it in a bag or bucket? 

:icon_eek: I can see what you're saying, mate. But, that would be a bit like me saying to you ~ if you had rats in your garden; " Ah, just get some stuff from B&Q and chuck it down. "

On 10/05/2021 at 03:17, Ken's Deputy said:

And the British Fire Service reckon 70% of 'Fires of unknown source' are caused by rodents.

I don't smoke. I only eat microwaved oven chips. I have a very particular set of skills, where rodents are concerned.

Electrical faults? I appreciate the concern. But, fukk me; I want to run a little camera here. Not wire for the Radipole Electric Festival Of Pissing Rain Beside The Lake In June.

Let's retain some perspective here. Would Hammer's 'Nest Box Spy Cam', above, need a qualified and certified Spark's attention? Would the placement of a pound shop mouse trap justify calling out Rento?

No, a pound shop mouse trap wouldn't justify calling out rento, but you don't need a cert for that.

You came on asking free advice from a qualified person which I offered, but seems you already know what you wanna do so crack on. 

Best of luck.

• Haha 1