Quick set nets

Hi all I live in Australia and do a lot of ferreting with long nets and purse nets. I have being watching a lot of the videos on YouTube on how you guys use the quick set nets on the basket. I love the idea on how it works but I am unable to find the anything like that in Australia and to by it from over seas it will cost me an arm and a leg. Has any one ever made up the basket or has photos on what they have made. As you can see by the photos we just put poles in the ground and tie our nets to them. This does work but very time consuming any ideas or even web sites some one can point me into the correct direction would be great. I know I won’t be able to use the fibreglass or hazel wood poles as our ground is hard they will need to be metal. Yes it will have quite a bit of weight to it. 

E7491309-3345-4781-829D-BB615375C87D.jpeg

A9DC96F4-02C8-4E6A-8CF1-21DEAF1A7FFB.jpeg

AB23310D-0550-4E0C-B60F-530528CCD876.jpeg

• Like 2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I have made start I will see how I go. So far  I think I have done okay. A few touch ups on the welding and then put strap and bag on the bottom. For the bag I am thinking of using a fine mesh fi

the plastic drum can be made fast and for free, it does the job, Dont have a pic of my double slot basket but i will put a video on from years back when i was in the process of testing.

the bag on the bottom doesnt have to be made of mesh....it can be a bag made from material ... the knot you use is a clove hitch.....even if you dont have grommets you can still clove hitch your

Posted Images

I made up some quick set baskets a few years ago , I made the baskets from 1/4 stainless rod bent to shape then used shade mesh for the bags , I also use aluminium poles around 8m/m will have to check on  that , There are some good pics on here to give you a idea , They are fast to setup and pull down i wouldn't go back ,

Were  in victoria are you , I am located on the mornington peninsula

B

• Like 1

G day Bjay I live out in Whittlesea but sometimes do head out your way maybe we can catch up some time soon.  Or if you are interested pop up my way for a day and come out with us. 

I am sure it is with out a doubt all you guys use the stuff and not seen a bad word. But so is the price SUPERB when I get it sent over I will keep saving $$$$$ and soon should be right. All I would probably need is two long quick set nets around 75 meters long in total length. Unsure what that is in yards. 

Here are some pics of my baskets and nets ,, The poles are 10m/m x 900 long aluminium

I am located in Langwarrin just other side of Frankston

PS I used your basket as a pattern Cumbrian Thanks I wouldn't go back rarely use purse nets now

B

DSCN0905.JPG

DSCN0906.JPG

DSCN0907.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I tried making one them baskets out a drum and failed miserably??  awesome handy bit of kit, I’d love to know your brain works pal? your a talented man ?

too right katchy ?. I think I went to the same skills school as you???

Thank you to all I am going to give it a go. I have a welder grinder and tools needed to make one I will give it a shot and I will keep you posted. Just one more question on how you tie the net to the grommet if someone could please post up a photo or to that would be great. 

3 hours ago, Guss33 said:

Thank you to all I am going to give it a go. I have a welder grinder and tools needed to make one I will give it a shot and I will keep you posted. Just one more question on how you tie the net to the grommet if someone could please post up a photo or to that would be great