Today's Success LGV Retune

Bought a second hand LGV as some of you might know. 

Waited ages for a new piston seal to arrive from Poland, good quality item. Had a new spring and top hat and some delrin parts from TBT. 

It needed it, the existing top hat had ovaled slightly. 

Apparently the spring is cut for UK spec so with the top hat slip washer and one power band and the whole thing cleaned regreased and reassembled it shot a JSB Heavy Right through my wadded pellet trap and into the plastic box behind and registered 16.2Ftlb....bugger.

Out came the angle grinder and the blow torch I did one coil to 13.7, then another 1.5 coils, and bag on 11.5 to 11.7. Reassembled and zeroed. 

What a gun... A light hold at shoulder a little upper pressure thumb up and a fair grip and its single holes at 20 yards sheltered garden shooting on a windy day. Can't wajt to let the greys get a load of this... 

Funny is that H&Ns are like regulated PCP 11.7 11.6 11.8 11.7 over and over... Some hundred shots but the groups are open pepper pot jobs. 

Back to the AA FTs and JSB Heavies... They are perfect jagged hole jobs I put ten through a five or six mm hole!....

In fact oddly I can't get H&N to group in any of my good Rifles but they are pretty good in me plinkers... 

Anyway... I'm gonna keep an eye out of an LGU... 

Well chuffed... This thing is seriously bag on... Wooppeee... I lover springers me. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, JakeFury said:

Bought a second hand LGV as some of you might know. 

Waited ages for a new piston seal to arrive from Poland, good quality item. Had a new spring and top hat and some delrin parts from TBT. 

It needed it, the existing top hat had ovaled slightly. 

Apparently the spring is cut for UK spec so with the top hat slip washer and one power band and the whole thing cleaned regreased and reassembled it shot a JSB Heavy Right through my wadded pellet trap and into the plastic box behind and registered 16.2Ftlb....bugger.

Out came the angle grinder and the blow torch I did one coil to 13.7, then another 1.5 coils, and bag on 11.5 to 11.7. Reassembled and zeroed. 

What a gun... A light hold at shoulder a little upper pressure thumb up and a fair grip and its single holes at 20 yards sheltered garden shooting on a windy day. Can't wajt to let the greys get a load of this... 

Funny is that H&Ns are like regulated PCP 11.7 11.6 11.8 11.7 over and over... Some hundred shots but the groups are open pepper pot jobs. 

Back to the AA FTs and JSB Heavies... They are perfect jagged hole jobs I put ten through a five or six mm hole!....

In fact oddly I can't get H&N to group in any of my good Rifles but they are pretty good in me plinkers... 

Anyway... I'm gonna keep an eye out of an LGU... 

Well chuffed... This thing is seriously bag on... Wooppeee... I lover springers me. 

Sounds like you did a great job. Very satisfying improving your spring gun. Wow this forum is quiet 2 years ago this would have been an amazing thread. Wish you all the best with it! 

18 hours ago, tomburras said:

Sounds like you did a great job. Very satisfying improving your spring gun. Wow this forum is quiet 2 years ago this would have been an amazing thread. Wish you all the best with it! 

I've got to sort the stock next!