New acquisitions

Just now, fireman said:

That dear little Dipper shouldn't be tucked away in between some old books like that...:rolleyes:.....:laugh:

I dropped a big heavy book on it and flattened it, it took ages to mould it back to shape, still looks a bit constipated and has smashed legs ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DIDO.1 said:

I dropped a big heavy book on it and flattened it, it took ages to mould it back to shape, still looks a bit constipated and has smashed legs ?

Well if it'd been up on a shelf on display like it should have then such accidents wouldn't happen would they....:laugh::laugh:...

13 minutes ago, fireman said:

Well if it'd been up on a shelf on display like it should have then such accidents wouldn't happen would they....:laugh::laugh:...

It was on display on the second shelf and a big fvk off book fell off the top shelf ?

• Haha 1

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade away.

Anyway two kits both Gills to replace them.

IMG_6338.JPG.3ac7b9e304b07fcf7e57557cb51a48d3.JPG

Cheers Arry

• Like 16

My nipper found this pick down the woods. Other than burying prostitutes what might it of been used for? It looks like it's got a special use ie. not an ordinary pick but some particular type 

I don't know why but I thought a railway tool? 

IMG_20220708_160228.jpg

IMG_20220708_160223.jpg

Edited by DIDO.1
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Picked up this frame with medals and embroidery post cards, there was also 4 other frames of ww1 post cards. 

Now the medals belong to a corporal Albert Barlow royal engineers. His service records haven't survived. We presumed all the post cards would be from Albert and that would give us a link to who he was.Unfortunately they aren't. Most of the post cards are from a man called bill to Miriam Wilkinson who worked at white star cinema in Ashton under Lyme. Out of 30 odd cards , 18 are love letters from Bill who was serving in France during the war . There is one post card from Albert Barlow to Miriam dated 1918. It's posted from Blackpool to Ashton under Lyme c/o the white star cinema. Now we have found 2 Albert Barlow royal engineers...one was from Ashton under Lyme and one is from Blackpool ?...so we aren't sure which one he is. 

Now the remainder of the cards are cards sent to Miriam on her wedding day from various people and a couple from an un named child. She got married in 1925 ....not to Bill who was in love with her during the war, not to Albert who's medals she had framed with all these cards....but to another man who was manager of the cinema!!!!

So Miriam was a right prick tease, but all three of these men obviously meant something to her as she had Albert's medals and carefully framed all the love letters along with treasured cards to her wedding to another man.

We only bought em to keep the collection together as each frame was for sale separately. Now it looks like I've got a set of random medals with little chance of tracing the man and a handful of old cards. No point keeping em together as nobody has room for all these massive frames and nothing to link em to anyone. We will keep trying for a bit longer to link it together 

PXL_20220719_202934930.jpg

PXL_20220719_202947387.jpg

PXL_20220719_202941807.jpg

• Like 3
On 08/07/2022 at 17:09, DIDO.1 said:

My nipper found this pick down the woods. Other than burying prostitutes what might it of been used for? It looks like it's got a special use ie. not an ordinary pick but some particular type 

I don't know why but I thought a railway tool? 

IMG_20220708_160228.jpg

IMG_20220708_160223.jpg

Use hammers like that for picking mortar out of buildings but it could be an old miners hammer my mrs grandad gave me a hammer bit heavier told me he used it down the pit? 

• Like 1