New acquisitions

53 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

The FS is a #3 Pattern. By the time they'd got round to knocking those out, on an industrial scale, all thrills were out the window. There was, I think (?) a firm, other than Wilkinson, who took up the production.

There are some finer points to look for.  There was a superb book on Fighting Knives, about thirty odd years back. It's all in there. Can't remember who wrote it. Can't remember shit, these days! But, yeah; The information has been recorded.

• Like 2

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

The knife from a few posts previous reminded me that I had this. Not a new acquisition as bought about 40 years ago and would not have been an original even then I would have thought, even though there is no re-print date on it. An interesting little book all the same.

20211227_161634.jpg

20211227_162114.jpg

• Like 2

Wasn't it an outfit in Wales, producing those books? Forget the bloody name now ~ forget my own bloody name, in a minute!

Had a few of the more sensible titles off him. He used to do shit like " Ten Deadly Blows " and " Pressure Points To Kill ". Shit like that. Keep the SoF Walts happy in their beds.

Business name probably included " Tactical " :laugh:

Here we are; As the thread's turning all pointy, stabby? This is the book I had: Thompson. And, I see, he's since brought out a book dedicated to the FS: Sharpy, pointy, slashy, stabby.

I actually owned a #1 Pattern. Just like the one on the top of the cover of his newer book. I try not to dwell on that fact. Much!  :cray:

5 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

That's what I presumed. 

Same as ,just pointing out a very similar style copied by US special forces ,even said sheaths can fetch more than the knife ,if right one ,and less made of the stiletto, so rarer 

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, sid g said:

put a bid in on this -- strip it wax it fit new hinges and knobs they make good kitchen islands , shop displays , No photo description available.No photo description available.

We had them in our school lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sid g said:

old stock i found at the back of the shed -- love some of the art work on old stuff , i`ll stick em in auction next couple of weeks , No description available.No description available.No description available.No description available.No description available.

No wonder your sheds full, of junk.

Cheers, D.

I'd be interested in those 4 if you will sell separately. 

I've got 2 old engagement rings that ex's chucked back at me....i reckon an old ring box like that might put a few quid on em....it might make up for the fact that they smell of broken dreams 

Joking aside I would have a bid on those 4 ??

272644235_739825007421905_3643725419045680242_n.jpg

• Haha 1