New acquisitions

16 hours ago, sid g said:

surprised  how much this made --- 

Hammer

£800

Mick Cawston (1959-2006), huntsman and gun dog in a winter landscape, oil on canvas, 50 x 40cms, framed1100351008.JPG  

How much would you expect that to have went for mate?, doesn't seem too much for an original by an artist that's no longer with us

Edited by low plains drifter
Dizzy eye

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Replacement Stock lost my two old ones end of the season. They were both sisters 8 years old one just fell over dead on the lawn in front of me about six weeks later the other just started to fade awa

My old man out of the blue has given me this am over the moon shes been parked up since I was born ( 36 years) going to take some time and effort to get her back on the road but will be worth it i hop

Got this little air rifle off my brother,was given it collecting scrap... Gave it a soak,and quick polish,rattle can of metal spray paint ... Shoots sweet, will keep my 9 yr old lad entertai

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Im not entirely sure what " taste " has to do with it mate.....they are not designs directed at peoples " tastes " they are modelled on very well known dogs,and in my opinion very accurate :thumbs:

yes gnash i understand ,i was  looking at them as someone who would buy them as on ornament not because they based on a particular dog  i respect that you and others on here have knowledge on these dogs and what they looked like where i have none.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, sid g said:

surprised  how much this made --- 

Hammer

£800

Mick Cawston (1959-2006), huntsman and gun dog in a winter landscape, oil on canvas, 50 x 40cms, framed1100351008.JPG  

I like it....but the fact he's described as a huntsman puts me off. I'm a bit ocd like that 

18 hours ago, chartpolski said:

£3 at a boot sale this morning;

FullSizeRender.jpg.71e12693d1234e492436e439ed6525b1.jpg

Border Fine Arts.

Cheers.

I've never been one for paintings or sculptures but, I like that :thumbs:

I've always had a thing for Dobermans - I don't think they look right with a long tail though.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, big sid said:

yes gnash i understand ,i was  looking at them as someone who would buy them as on ornament not because they based on a particular dog  i respect that you and others on here have knowledge on these dogs and what they looked like where i have none.

No problem mate you're not going to see them in your local Argos ?...and are of course aimed at a very small number of likeminded individuals :thumbs:

8 hours ago, sid g said:

just bid the man on this if i get it  i`ll sand a fair bit of it back to show the pine wax it and clear varnish the inside and bottom May be an image of outdoors and brick wall

You're not going to remove the names and colour, are you ?

To me, that's  the history and interest, I'd just give it a light clean and polish ?

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, sid g said:

to some its history  something that would cause a bit of interest make a talking point to others its a painted pine box that would look better stripped dipped n waxed. when i had the shop i had  a written one in the window for a year i ended up getting it dipped sold it in a week , i had a cracking pine church pew ended up painting it grey some of the furniture i painted over with annie sloan paint you would`nt believe 

Yeah, I agree, it's personal preference.

I would just give it a light clean and have it in my man cave with my "Spirit Of Saint Louis" radio sitting on top;

IMG_1638.JPG.c4eb5a266a08503b6aa1c6e151b9d0f1.JPG

Cheers.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ken's Deputy said:

Bummer! I'd have had to have come round and knelt before it, if it was an original! :D Lovely looking thing though! :good:

WWW.ANTIQUES-ATLAS.COM

Antique Vintage Technology, Spirit Of St.Louis Boom Box. Late 20th century retro at its best, Inspired by Charles Lindberg's none stop single handed crossing of...

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...